Sunday, September 21, 2008

Watercolored Apples

It's Sunday, and that means I get to case a Featured Stamper on SCS. Today it's Shannon (aka E3Stamper). Not only is she inspirational with her gallery of fabulous sketches, but she's just as inspirational with her comments. A real sweetheart for sure. Here's the card I cased: Real Soft Love I loved her sketch, so I stuck faithfully to it. The changes I made are as follows:
1. Colors
2. Images
3. Added sewing and distressing

That's it...I told ya...I loved her sketch!!

Now, for my card, I stamped the Apples image (Artful Stamper) with Black Onyx Versafine and embossed it with Detail Black Embossing Powder (Judikins). I then colored the image with Adirondack reinkers that will be listed in the supplies at the bottom of this post. The sentiment is also embossed, and each panel is ink distressed with Frayed Burlap and Walnut Ranger Distress inks. I sewed around the Cosmo Cricket dp to help give it a country feel, and added the ribbon and brads that Shannon's sketch called for.

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope ya'll have a fantastic and blessed week!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Apples (Artful Stamper) Sentiment (Thinking of you messages - Hero Arts)
Paper - Suede Brown Dark and Tawny Light (Prismatics), Gretel (Cosmo Cricket), Wheat (Creative Imaginations)
Ink - Frayed Burlap, Walnut (Range Distress Ink) Black Onyx (Versafine), Red Pepper, Lemonade, Terra Cotta, Lettuce, Latte, Espresso (Adirondack re-inkers)
Accessories - Martha Stewart Ribbon, Brads (Heidi Swapp), sewing machine, dimensional tape, sponge, distressing tool

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh, a work of art. Happy Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours... the apples are so vibrant. Great card.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! Breath-taking! Your coloring is amazing!

Unknown said...

OMGosh....this is absolutely G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! The apples look so real you want to touch them. FABULOUS coloring, my friend! :-)

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic coloring! Your sewing and choice of dp is awesome too! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic looking card - your coloring is superb!!! Tour stitching and layout is perfect too!!!

Shirley said...

Wow. This is so elegant and what a work of art! I am learning a lot just by looking at your cards.

Angel said...

wow, your coloring is amazing! such a wonderful card!

Shelly said...

Girl, this is gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Tosh!! It just needs a frame, as it looks like a piece of art made for hanging on the wall!! Wow!!

Laura lok said...

beautiful coloring so vivid and pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs