Saturday, September 6, 2008

Santa Owl

I love taunting my friend Frances (StampOwl on SCS) whenever I have an owl that I think she doesn't have. Wicked, I know, but I can't help myself. So when I saw this Inspiration Challenge on SCS today...I thought this was the perfect time to enable her!!! Don't worry...she plans on paying me back with snowmen....they're my weakness!! *grin*

I liked the white on white with the touch of brown in the owl, so that was my inspiration. I added a bit of dark red just to amp it up a bit.

The Penny Black Greetings from the Wise Owl was stamped with Tuxedo Black (memento) onto White Prismatic cs. I liked the texture it gave the owl. The sentiment is from Hero Arts' Thinking of you Clear Design set. It's a fabulous set with a variety of messages and fonts, and even a butterfly and flowers. I use it often!!

The two middle panels are embossed with the cuttlebug folders Snowflakes and Argyle.

I inked up the edges with Adirondack Latte, raised the panels with dimensional tape, and added this awesome Chocolate Twill ribbon from May Arts!!

You can get all the supplies on this card from Stamper's Dream!! I tell ya, it's a one stop shop!! Michelle has everything!! A varitey of stamps, Prismatic card stock, May Arts Ribbon, tons of bling and inks...check it out!!

Supplies: Stamps - Greetings from the Wise (Penny Black), Thinking of you Clear Design (Hero Arts) Paper - White Prismatic, Bravo Burgandy (SU) Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Latte (Adirondack) Accessories - Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Copics, Velvet brad, glitter, brads, Chocolate Twill Ribbon, dimensional tape

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what a cutie, Frances is going to want him for sure. I love him.

StampOwl said...

insert smiley tongue here bwahahahaha ... that one is already on its way over here nanna nanna boo boo hehehehehehehe

Shannan Teubner said...

This is soooo stinkin adorable! I love it!

Denise Marzec said...

I love the latte edging with all the white cuttlebugged panels. Need to try that!

Judy Rozema said...

How fantastic!!! I love the whole look of this!!!

Renee G said...

That is so pretty! I love the white on white and the hint of brown on the edges, so fab! That owl is adorable and I have admired your work for a while now! your a great inspiration!!!

here is my blog!
http://creativepaintpaper.blogspot.com/

dpkennedy said...

Oh my that owl is too cute! Just when I think I have too many owls...I don't think I can resist this one! I love the white on white and the inked edges...this is fantastic!

Kathy W said...

Love all the white layers with sponging and a variety of textures. TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs