Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cam's Vase

Is it Monday already? Good grief time flies. Since it's Monday, that means it's time for me to upload this weeks CCEE challenge. Carolyn King (Cammie on SCS) sent us all her new Whimsical Autumn set and our challenge this week was to use some of those images to make a Fall themed card. I chose to use the vase and the stemmed leaves (they're stamped with Brushed Corduroy on the green plaid)

I used Beate's sketch that she had on Friday. This is the first time I've used a sketch other than SCS's. It was fun. I think I'll try it again soon.

I stamped the vase with Tuxedo Black (Memento, and colored the vase and stems with copics. The leaves were colored with my souffle pens (coral and white) All the edges were ink distressed with Frayed Burlap and Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink) and I finished off the card with some tan twill and Candy Dots (I' Kan-dee).

If you'd like to see what the other girls did with Cam's stamps, click HERE.

Read my post below this one for all the details about Cam's donation and how you can win BLOG CANDY!!

Have an awesome week!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Whimsical Autumn (Carolyn King - Gina K)
Paper - Eire Tartan (Bo Bunny), Harvest Leaves (Karen Foster) Spring Willow Dark, Suede Brown Dar, Vanilla Cream (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Frayed Burlap,Brushed Corduroy, Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Twill Ribbon, Souffle pens, sponge, Candy Dots, dimensional tape

11 comments:

StampOwl said...

beautiful card Tosh ... glad you enjoyed doing Beate's sketch challenge and yes you definitely have to try some more ... sketch challenges are fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tosh this is gorgeous! I love the image you chose and how you've distressed and softened everything. Beautifully done!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wonderful beautiful job Tosh.

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful card! I love the dp and the stamped image on it! The twill looks great on this too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! Just beautiful!

Darlene said...

AWESOME card Tosha!! Love the colors and layout! This will certainly put a smile on the face of a deserving caretaker!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Beautiful card as always Madame Stamping Royalty ;) Tosha, I tagged you on my blog :)

Kim

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous - Tosh!!! Beautiful
DP and the sponging looks great!!!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful tosh!!! huge hugs!

Shirley said...

Tosh, this is just perfect in every way. Very warm and elegant. A real tribute to the stamp set, Cammie, and Alzheimers Day. You are on my post as a site to check for great cards with the set. My ear still hurts, does yours? Ha!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Tosh!! I love the pretty papers and what you've done with Cammie's vase!! Fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs