Friday, September 19, 2008

Artful Pumpkin in Watercolor

I've really enjoyed participating in SCS's Inspiration Challenges lately. I was inspired by the colors and patterns this week. To see what they are, click HERE.

I started by stamping this Artful Stamper Autumn Pumpkin image with Black Onyx Versafine onto 140lb Hotpress Fabriano Watercolor paper. I watercolored it with Adirondack reinkers that I will list at the bottom. The background was embossed with my cuttlebug embossing folder Diamond in the Rough.

If I had it to do over again, I would have used a softer green as my background panel instead of the bright orange. I think the pumpkin would have *popped* better. But here it is in all of it's orange glory. LOL

The sentiment is from Hero Arts Clear Design Heartfelt Messages.
I added some Ultrafine glitter to the main image, Martha Stewart leaves, some Candy Dots (I Kan-dee), and Twill Ribbon (May Arts), and ink distressed the edges with Antique Linen and Walnut Ranger Distress Ink.


Supplies:
Stamps - Autumn Pumpkin (Artful Stamper), Clear Design Heartfelt Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper - Intense Orange, Vanilla Cream, Birchtone Dark (Prismatics), Watercolor
Ink - Antique Linen and Walnut Ranger Distress Ink, Adirondack reinkers - Lemonade, Rust, Willow, Lettuce, Latte, Peach Bellini, Denim
Accessories - Leaf Punches (Martha Stewart), Twill Ribbon (May Arts), Candy Dots (I Kan-dee), Nestabilities, corner rounder punch, Ultrafine glitter (Art Institute), Cuttlebug, dimensional tape, sponge

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful and rich, love it Tosh.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, vibrant color. Love that image too, Tosh. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus inspired card - Tosh!!! The pumpkin image is beautiful with the fine Glitter!!! Love the colors too!!!

Mothermark said...

So so pretty! I love the hint of sparkle to it....and the layout is to die for! Beautifully done Tosh! Love it!

Shelly said...

Beautifully done Tosh, love the sketch. I haven't checked out the inspiration seeing as I am not home to stamp, but I am sure you nailed it!

Rose Ann said...

Oh Tosh...it's another amazing creation!! I love that wonderful image and how you've colored it!! Awesome layout too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Again with the coloring... it's PERFECTION!

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous in it's orange glory! Love all the dimension and texture...this is beautiful!

Shirley said...

This is stunning. The Adirondack inks are alcohol right? Looking at it from here, the orange is a perfect choice for the background. The pumpkin is gorgeous and it pops. When I look at it up close it looks like it is embossed. Its most likely the glitter. The Candy Dots wash with the CS, but who cares the whole card is fabulous.

Lorraine said...

Your card is fabulous. I love the layout and the textured panels. Wonderful, just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Michelle's blog, Stamper's Dream, directed me to your site. I'm glad she did. Your creations are a feast for the eyes. Very rich.

Lisa Wertz said...

I found your blog through another and love it! Your work is beautiful and you give me loads of inspiration. I would love to win so I could aspire to be so talented! :) God Bless!

Kathy W said...

Love the layout here. A wonderful autumn card; TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs