Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Christmas Peace


Rox provides such wonderful sketches for us each week for the SCS Sketch Challenge, that I find I rarely miss one. This one was really fun for me. The main panel is covered with crystal lacquer and a sprinkle of ultrafine crystal glitter.

I stamped Penny Black's Nature's Dance with Versamark onto Vanilla Cream and embossed with Malachite ep. I then sponged over it with Antique linen and sponged with edges with Walnut Ranger Distress Inks. The berries are Xmas Red Stickles. I spread a thin coat of Diamond Glaze (JudiKins) all over the main image and sprikled a touch of ultrafine crystal glitter (Art Institute)to give it sparkle to match this gorgeous dp by My Mind's Eye. If you click on the photo, you'll be able to see the sparkle better.

All the edges are ink distressed with Walnut RDI, as well as the Martha Stewart snowflakes. The Latte Pearls are Kaisercraft, and I have a Heidi Swapp ghost snowflake in the upper right hand corner that has a touch of Coffee Ice stickles on it. I finished it off with some Island Blossom dew drops and the beautiful Copper ribbon by May Arts. The Peace sentiment is Inque Boutique (Staphanie Barnard Christmas), and is cut out with nestabilities.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're having a wonderful day filled with peace and inspiration!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Nature's Dance (Penny Black), peace sentiment (Stephanie Barnard Christmas-Inque Boutique)
Paper - Laundry Line (My Mind's Eye), Vanilla Cream, Sage Medium, Blush Red Dark (Prismatics)
Ink - Versamark, Aged Mahogany and Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Malachite embossing powder (JudiKins), Island Blossom (dew drops), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), Latte Pearls (Kaisercraft), Copper Ribbon (May Arts), Corner Ticket Punch (SU), dimensional tape

17 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors!!! Great design!

Unknown said...

Tosh, this is simply stunning! I LOVE the colors, the design, the glitter, the snowflakes...Heck, I just love every detail. GAWJUS work, my friend! :-)

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow Tosh, this is stunning...fantabulous...amazing! I love everything about it!

StampinCathy said...

This is just beautiful. Love the colors and great layout. Love all the bling you added.

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, this is awesome! I checked out that diamond glaze in the SD store. I love how you used it with the AI glitter! The distressed edges and DP is great too. Fantastic looking card!

Renee G said...

I love this tosh!!!!!!! Can i have it????? Its so pretty, love the colors in this!http://creativepaintpaper.blogspot.com/

Rose Ann said...

Whoa...this is breath-takingly gorgeous, girl!! I love the look of the crystal lacquer and glitter, and all of your snowflakes!!

Susan Hackney said...

This is a GORGEOUS card! Love the colors and the snowflakes!

Shelly said...

You gotta know that this card is speaking to me. I love the colors, dimension , images and just the personal style you bring to everything you touch!

Ann said...

Holy smokes! This is gorgeous! LOVE these colors! :D

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Tosh! I love the snowflakes and beutiful colors on this!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful a real Tosh Creation. I love the feel of this card, so so pretty Tosh.

Judy Rozema said...

Drop-dead GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! One of my favorites of yours!!! Beautiful papers and distressing! I love it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh Tosh, this is just GORGEOUS! WOW!

Carolyn King said...

a stunner for sure Tosh! (not like everything you touch isnt!!!))

Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW - may I just say this is drop dead gorgeous!!! I love your cards - you are so inspiring and I just subscribed to your blog so I can keep up with you...LOL!!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me some sweet comments - it really means a lot to me!!!

Shirley said...

What a stunning card. I do think Roz does great designs and she does spectacular cards too, but so do you. Well, I have the pop up window and there is just too much to say. I thnk your main image, the chosen BG paper and the embellishments are just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs