Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trying to Resist...


It's time for another CCEE challenge. This week Carolyn (Cammie on SCS) challenged us to use the Crayon Resist technique. SCS has a fabulous tutorial. Click HERE. I'd never used that one before, so I was a bit intimidated!! Yikes!! Well, it was easy peasy. This card took me less than a half hour to make. And that's saying something!! It normally takes me longer than 2 hours to make a card. This was even my very first try...nothing in the garbage can. WOOT!!

Now, this is not my normal every day card either. It's quite simple. But I liked it that way.
You see, I'm mailing this card to a guy, and guys don't usually go for the frou-frou. He just found out he needs to go through 4 more sessions of chemo. I can't even imagine.
Well, for my family and me, a camping fire inspires happy thoughts. And roasting marshmallows? Heaven. Hopefully this card will help lift his spirits a bit.

If you'd like to see what the other girls have made with this technique, Click HERE.

How did I make this card? Well, I stamped this roasting scene (Morning Star Stamps) with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto glossy card stock. I colored the marshmallows with a white crayon, and outlined some edges of the flame with the white crayon also. I then inked up a sponge with Scattered Straw (Ranger Distress Ink) and rubbed it over the flame. I edged the flame with Aged Mahogany (Ranger Distress Ink), and the logs with Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink). For the sky, I used Black Soot (Ranger Distress Ink) Love these inks!! They're fabulous!! Check out Rubbernecker Stamps for all the colors!!

I then just matted the image with black and adhered it to a standard sized glossy card with a thin black gingham ribbon tied around the top! So simple...but gets the point across I think!!

The Happy Thoughts sentiment is from the Clearly Wordsworth set Everyday Whimsy, that you can find at Stamper's Dream.


Supplies:
Stamps - campfire scene (Morning Star Stamps), Everyday Whimsy (Clearly Wordsworth)
Paper - Glossy and Black
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Scattered Straw, Aged Mahogany, Walnut, Black Soot (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - White Crayon, sponge, Gingham Ribbon

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable Tosh I love your sweet snowmen. Tooooooooooo cute.

Darlene said...

This is so cute Tosh ... love those little marshmellow guys!!! What a great scene you've created here!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh that image with the marshmallow snowmen is tooo cute! Great job with the technique.

Joanne said...

Great card! I really like that technique.

Judy Rozema said...

This just made me smile!

dpkennedy said...

Okay this is just too cute, twisted, but cute! Love the way you created the background and used the resist. But tell me, could you roast and eat those poor little guys? Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs