Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Montana visit with Laurie...

I'm so excited to share with you my recent trip to Montana: a little side-trip on my way home from bringing my son to college. Laurie and I *met* about a year ago on SCS, were on the Dirty Dozen together on SCS, and are even on a design team together. We've become great friends before even meeting in person. And now that I've actually *met* her, I feel truly blessed. She's one of the kindest most generous people you'll ever meet. And......boy can she cook. Although I'm over 8 years older than her, boy do I want to be just like her when I grow up. She just oozes talent in whatever she tackles!!!

Now, Laurie lives waaaaaaaaaaay off the beaten path, but if you have the diligence to keep plodding along on the 7 mile dirt road to their ranch, it is so, so worth it. The beauty, the tranquility, and the warmth of her family is like no other. Now, here is a picture of us right before my husband and I left to drive 17 1/2 hours home. Thus, the straggly hair. Not my best picture, but hey...it's a reminder of a treasured time.

Here's a photo of the cabin we stayed in. Boy did they role out the red carpet!! A gorgeous cabin with a thoughtful gift of goodies and a gorgeous card!! Not to mention the view!!! WOW


We went to bed to the sound of rain on the cabin's tin roof (so soothing) and woke up to snow on the mountains!! GORGEOUS!!


Urs and Laurie even gave us a tour of the ranch by 4-wheeler. Oh I wish I took a picture of them riding tandem, but I was busy holding on to my husband, so I'll just show you a couple of pictures of what we saw. First...two moose. One is walking away.


Here's an antelope that had wandered away from the group that was running in the distance.


Finally, here's a picture of our gracious, kind, and generous hosts. Not only did they make us feel welcome and long to return before we even left, but they have 4 of the absolute sweetest and charming kids you'll ever meet!! Thank you guys for giving us a treasured memory!!!

17 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Special times with special friends!! How totally wonderful, Tosh!! I love seeing your pictures on heaven on earth!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures, and the scenery is WOW. I know you all had a wonderful time.

smallcity

Juliana said...

WOW!! It is just how I have imagined Montana (and Laurie)!!

So glad that you had such a good visit--nothing like good times with a good friend!

Kim Teasdale said...

Wow! Now those look like some good times! Laurie has a stunning ranch and it was wonderful that you both finally had a chance to meet in person :)

Kim

Shelly said...

Awww, these are the sweetest photos. I almost feel like I was there. How awesome for you Tosh, looks like you had the time of your life!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness - what a gorgeous place to live - how fortunate you were to visit it Tosh!! Look at those mountains and the wonderful wild life! What a great stop on your trip!

Judy Rozema said...

What a special time!! And what GORGEOUS scenery!! Where is your DS going to school?

You are a little closer with 17 1/2 hours. Our drive is 22.....but both are way too far away, aren't they!!?

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, what a beautiful place to live!

Carolyn King said...

awesome pics tosh! glad you guys had a great visit!!! Beautiful scenery!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, how special! It looks like you had a fabulous time! And look how adorable the two of you look! Thanks for sharing and making us all jealous! LOL

Marie Cramp said...

Wow! what an awesome visit that must have been. I am glad to see those of us who get to meet, and I can't wait to meet a few of the gals myself.

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your hard work and how talented I think you are.
I left you a little something on my blog that I hope you will accept.

Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Mothermark said...

OMG! What fun you must have had and what a wonderful place to stay, visit with wonderful people and enjoy wildlife! I am so happy you got to meet you good friend. What a great collection of pictures....so so cool!

Renee G said...

OH Tosh!
You lucky person you! I envy your trip to MOntana, you see i grew up there and now live in Kansas...I miss the mountains terribly! I would LOVE to stay there ONE night just to refuel my soul! OK I WANT TO STAY THERE MORE THEN ONE NIGHT..but would take what ever I can get! ha LOVE IT! Renee'

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place!!! So happy that the two of you had a chance to spend some "real" time together!

ChristineCreations said...

OOOO Tosha....looks like a wonderful visit! I'm so happy for you both to be able to meet each other. When we were travelling through Montana on the way back home from North Dakota this spring I contacted Laurie to see if we could come see her...but it was just too far for that trip.

Wonderful pics! You two awesome women you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks like Utopia and what a great time! Does she take reservations, I wonder? Thanks so much for sharing this very pleasant interlude.

dpkennedy said...

Wow, what a fantastic trip you had. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy..the view, the cabin, the hosts...how wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs