Monday, September 8, 2008

Cam's Whimsical Autumn Stamps...

A dear friend of mine, Carolyn King (Cammie on SCS) has designed a fabulous Whimsical Autumn stamp set in which 100% of her proceeds will be donated to the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association, Always, in honor of her grandmother who recently passed away from this debilitating disease. And to top it off, a friend of hers promised to donate a dollar for every set sold in September.

This set has a variety of darling images. The squirrel and apples are just a couple of them. Click Here to see the rest of this cute set.

I also made this card for the SCS Featured Stamper who was Denise (Card Crazy). The card I cased can be found Here. I loved how she added the strip of magic mesh. I hadn't used mine in quite awhile. I also liked how she lined up the brads under the image. So, I changed the colors, the images, the shape of the center panel, and I added a sentiment instead of weaving the ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration Denise!! I really enjoyed perusing your gallery!!

I colored the images with copics and ink distressed the edges with Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink). The tag is a Spellbinders diecut, and the green dots are Candy Dots by I kan' dee.

Here's a close-up so you can see the dimension.

Supplies:
Stamps - Whimsical Autumn (Stamps by Carolyn King/Gina K Designs)
Paper - My Minds Eye
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Candy Dots, Copics, Magic Mesh, Spellbinders Ribbon Tags, Antique Ribbon (Making Memories), Dimensional Tape

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply adorable! How sweet of you to blog for Cammie! And what a great cause for the proceeds! Kudos to both of you for your generosity!

Carolyn King said...

You are such a sweetheart! Thanks Tosh---I love the adorable scene you created. You really brought those stamps to life!!!!

Huge hugs, my friend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

It looks like a cute set and it's definitely an adorable card! I'll have to go check it out. Thank you!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card! I ordered this set too and can't wait to play.

Shelly said...

Woo Hoo for Caro! Awesome card Tosh, love the colors.

Rose Ann said...

This is so darling, Tosh..and your color is wonderful!! I love your fabulous dimension also!!h

fishlips said...

This is just darling and your blog page is just wonderful...What a very darling card I just how the squirrel pops off the cards!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh so adorable! Love the dimension!

Shirley said...

I just got this set, Tosh, and you have given me some really great ideas!!! Love your card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs