Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cam's Pumpkin

I made this card for two reasons. First, my friend Carolyn King (Cammie on SCS) designed a stamp set called Whimsical Autumn. It's darling, and 100% of Cam's proceeds are going toward Alzheimer's Research.

Cam is also going to honor Alzheimer Care takers on Sept. 21 (National Alzheimer's Day). Check out her blog HERE for more details. She'll be having over $600 in blog candy available. There are so many generous people out there, it just warms my heart to overflowing!!

I was inspired by todays SCS Inspirational Challenge, to use these colors and swirls and leaves. Click HERE, then on the word file below the explanation of the challenge. I'm technologically challenged, so I'm not sure how to link this any better. I'm so sorry.

I stamped the Pumpkin image, from the Whimsical Autumn set, with Tuxedo Black (Memento) and colored it with my copics. The leaves on the bg are Kaisercraft Elegance Rub ons. The brads in the corners are Crushed Velvet brads (Doodlebug) with Kaisercraft Bronze Rhinestones in the centers. All my framing was cut with my cuttlebug and Nestabilities.

Supplies:
Stamps - Whimsical Autumn (Carolyn King designs with Gina K)
Paper - Papaya Puree Dark, Tawny Medium, Black (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White,
Night Light Jack's Stripes (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Rhinestone stickers (Kaisercraft), Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine crystal glitter, Oval punches (SU), scotch dimensional tape

7 comments:

Darlene said...

This card is fantastic!! And made for such a wonderful reason!! I just visited Cammie and made my purchase/contribution!! Your work is always SO inspiring ... thanks for sharing!!

Carolyn King said...

I agree....your work is always so inspiring! Thanks Tosh!

Love this and your huge heart!

Michelle said...

Another of you beautiful cards. I like how you have a close up to show the depth in your cards. Truly inspiring.
Thanks for sharing Tosh

Shirley said...

Talk about a beautiful thanks for giving card!!! Wow. I love your whole design!

Shelly said...

What a great cause. The stamp set is wonderful and you have showcased it nicely!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love how warm and rich it is! Your design is fantastic too!!

Angel said...

Oh I love this pumpkin.I saw a card with it on another blog (Rose Ann) and I loved it there too. It should be in my collection me thinks. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs