Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blog Candy and Elegant Greetings for a Challenge


Before I show you the card I made, I need to tell you about some fabulous blog candy that Michelle at Stamper's Dream is offering. It's HUGE!! Michelle is having a JustRite week, and you get to participate in it!! All you have to do is post a comment on her blog posts this week to be entered into a drawing to win a JustRite C-45 Monogram stamper. Check Michelle's Blog for details.

For some fabulous ideas for the JustRite Stamper, check out what Michelle's Design Team's doing this week.
Amy Westerman Monday 9-08
Carolyn King Tuesday 9-09
Charmaine Ikach Wednesday 9-10
Kurtis Amnundson Thursday 9-11
Laurie Schmidlin Friday 9-12
And Me Saturday 9-13

I made this card today for SCS's Sketch Challenge that Rox so generously provides for us each week. I flipped the sketch on its side in order to fit the stamp image I wanted to use. This layout has many layers, but it's construction is pretty straight forward. I just stamped the image with Season's Greetings (Inkadinkado) image with Aged Mahogany directly onto the MME paper, edged each panel with the same ink and Walnut, and mounted each panel with dimensional tape. I also sewed around the back panel and the three strips. To add a bit of elegance, I added the bow at the top and a bit of glitter onto the berries of the image. Finally, the flower to the bottom corner. Oh, and I forgot...I highlighted the word "Greetings" with a copic to make the letters pop a bit.

I hope you're all having a fabulous week.



Supplies:
Stamps - Season's Greetings (Inkadinkado) Paper - Roam (K&Company) 29th Street (MME), Crab Apple Dark, Suede Brown Dark (Prismatics) Ink - Aged Mahogany, Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink) Accessories - Flower (Petaloo), Decorative Brad (Making Memories), Stitched Ribbon (Making Memories FaLaLa), Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape

7 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow...that is a stunning creation!!!

Unknown said...

Tosh, that is soooo elegant and beautiful! I absolutely LOVE it!

Denise Marzec said...

WOW, I love that vanilla ribbon, and all your stitching. The little stitched accents on the three strips is great!

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

This is just beautiful! Love it:)

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flower and bow...beautiful accents!

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, and I love the colors!! Your ribbon is a lovely contrast, and I love your stitching and big flower!!

Shirley said...

Now this is just lovely. I have seen that ribbon and couldn't decide if I like it or not. This is beautiful, warm and so breathtaking at the same time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs