Sunday, September 14, 2008

A charm for a charming person...

I combined two challenges today. The Featured Stamper (lazylizard) on SCS and the weekly challenge that I do with my CCEE friends.

HERE's the card of Liz's that I chose to case. The changes I made:
1. The colors (somewhat)
2. Machine Sewing instead of a stamp
3. Added three ribbon strips
4. Added pearls to the corners instead
of the flowers at the bottom
5. Added a shrink plastic charm

Once a month, for our CCEE challenge a unique name is picked from the SCS members and we make a card for that person and mail it to them. This week Cam picked Charmwarm (Charmaine). I'm on a design team with Charmaine, and believe me when I tell you, she IS sweet and charming. I so enjoyed making this card for her!!

Check out our CCEE Stampers blog to see what the other girls made for Charmaine.

So, we were to make a card with a charm, but, Cammie, being the challenger that she is, said it couldn't be a *store bought* charm. It had to be hand made. So I stamped the large flower, from the SU set Time Well Spent, onto a sanded piece of clear shrink plastic, and colored the sanded side with my copics to match this gorgeous sparkly dp by My Mind's Eye. They have a fabulous new line called "Laundry Line"!! And every piece has sparkles in it!! Gorgeous stuff!!

The "Friends" sentiment was stamped with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Neenah Natural White and colored with copics. I sewed around each panel too, and popped them up with dimensional tape. I added a touch of glitter to the tiny pink flowers and a teeny tiny Kaisercraft pearl to each too, as well as to my shrunk flower.

Have a fabulous week ya'll!! I'm praying for all of you who are being hit so hard by Ike!! I can't imagine what you're all going through. Huge stampin' hugs!!


Supplies:
Stamps - Time Well Spent (SU)
Paper - Laundry Line (My Mind's Eye), Sage Medium, Birchtone Light and Dark, Neenah Natural White
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink) edges
Accessories - Copics, Nestabilities, Clear Shrink Plastic, Pearls (Kaisercraft), sewing machine, glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, dimensional tape, ribbon

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous colors, pretty ribbon treatment, and I love your handmade charm!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Tosh!! I love the papers and your sewing!! The pearls are so pretty as well, and I love the charm you made!!

Shirley said...

This is just gorgeous! I love everything about your design right down to the plastic charm. I have to do more of that the way you did it! Of course....love the pearls. TFS, Tosh

Shirley said...

Tosh, I tried to find a way to email you and couldn't. Could you email me. I have a question to ask.

Shelly said...

Beautiful card Tosh, love the shrink plastic charm!

Joy said...

hello, i just found your blog today through someones link and i think it is delightful i have spent the last 10 mins or so drooling over your fab layouts and your wonderful choice of colours, please excuse my small caps as i have one arm in a sling and plaster - will be back soon thanks for the inspiration xx

dpkennedy said...

Simply gorgeous! I love your charm-fantastic!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just ADORE this card. . .and then I read it was for ME! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. . .I'm SO excited! I just LOVE it, Tosh! Thank you! I will treasure it always!

Elmi said...

Wow, this must be one of my all-time-favourate cards. The colours are just perfect and the decorations elegant and simple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs