Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hot Cocoa Purse


Carolyn (Cammie) has provided some awesome challenges for our CCEE group this month. This week is the last of her challenges. Thanks Cam!!! Dawn L provided us with some fun challenges for the month of October.

Well, for today, we were to make a shaped card, and we had to stay away from circles. I received a Hallmark card in the mail this week in this shape, and thought it would be great to make it into a Hot Cocoa Carrier. (The Hallmark card was flat, mine has a bit of dimension. Here's how I did it.

1. Take a 4 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of cs. Score it at 5" and 5 1/2". I added 1/4" smaller dp inside and then stapled the Cocoa packet to it. The staple will be hidden by the layers on the outside.

2. Decorate the outside as you wish. I stamped the Impression Obsession Marshmallow mug image on Neenah Natural White and colored it with my copics. I added liquid applique to the marshmallows, and some glitter to the cap, flakes and pom-poms. I also punched the corners with my SU Corner Tag punch.

3. For the handles, I put two Nestability Circles, one inside the other, cut and embossed them. I then punched out a small oval with the SU small Oval punch and cut off each tip to make the base of the handles. After that, I attached two brads that were inserted into two punched circles.

4. For the sentiment, I stamped the Hero Arts Clear Thinking of you Messages with Walnut Ranger Distress Ink and distressed all the edges with the same ink.

5. Finally, I had this fabulous ribbon by Making Memories that I thought looked like a scarf! I tied it at the top like you would put ribbon through a hole in a bookmark. I'm sorry, I don't know how else to explain it.

To see what the other girls created for this challenge, head on over to the CCEE Stampers Blog. They are all fantastic stampers. You won't be disappointed!!

That's it. Thank you all for your visit!! I've been a bit overwhelmed this week. It's been fun!! Thanks for all your encouragement and support. I'm heading to a wedding out of state soon, so my posting will be a bit erratic. I will be sure to postdate a couple so my blog won't be completely idle. I just didn't want you wondering where I disappeared to.

Supplies:
Stamps - Marshmallow Mug (Alesa Baker - Impression Obsession), Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Paper - Signature Life Rouge Paper (My Mind's Eye) Suede Light and Dark (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Cuttlebug, Copics, Glitter, Liquid Applique, Nestabilities, Scor-Pal, Corner Tag Punch (SU), Brads, Ribbon, Fibers

24 comments:

StampOwl said...

love it Tosh

Anonymous said...

Hey Tosh!

Too cute! Those marshmallows look good enough to eat! An I love the pink/rose & chocolate color combo. But seriously! How can you even think about Hot Cocoa with weather like this?! Hopefully it will be fall weather at your out-of-town wedding.

See ya around!
Krystal

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool idea Tosh, looks so good.

Carolyn King said...

Just FABULOUS TOSH! I love this idea and it is just too cute having the cocoa in there! Great job explaining it too..love how you created the handles!

Taylor said...

This is so adorable, Tosh! Love your hot cocoa packaging!

Darlene said...

You are just soooooooo clever Tosha!! What a great idea, TFS with us!!

Unknown said...

Great idea! LOVE the colors! Very nice!

Shelly said...

Love the colors, patterns and of course the dimension. Hallmark has nothing on you girly!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is absolutely darling! How adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your blog rocks! I found you on SCS when I looked at the little mouse for Christmas! I love all your cards... very talented!

Juliana said...

This is soooo cool!!
The concept is pretty cool--but your execution totally ROCKS!!
Beautiful coloring and colors--and so wonderfully done!

retiredheather said...

This is a fantastic card/gift. I have added it to my favorites and plan on casing it. I adore it.
Heather

Linda Carson said...

What a super-duper idea! Love your creativity & coloring!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I just love your purse! What a super creative idea. Great details, and thanks so much for sharing your tutorial.

Jami said...

OMG, this is absolutely amazing!! Love it!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

This is the CUTEST idea! Wow! I LOVE it! It's getting to be cocoa time and these little cocoa packs are so fun to play with. Thanks for such awesome inspiration!

Nancy said...

This is so cute! Great idea for cocoa packets

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a cool design on this purse !!!!!wonderfully doen, tosh!!!
tfs:)
chat

Kim said...

Tosh that is such an AWESOME creation! I love it and am going to have to try and create one! What a great gift idea! WONDERFUL work!
Hugs~ Kim

Rose Ann said...

Oh Tosh...your Hot Cocoa Carrier is so cute and so clever!! I love that super cute image, and the way your carrier is shaped!! So awesome, girl!!

Silke Ledlow said...

It's one awesome gift idea!!! Very clever indeed - love the colors and the sweet cup image!!!

ChristineCreations said...

This really is AWESOME Tosh....such warmth...even in the heat it makes me think I need a cupa-cocoa!

Shirley said...

How pretty and how creative too. I love this and hope to CASE it sometime in the near future. I love what you did with the marshmellos and the handle too!

Diana said...

I love this mug stamp , but you didnt have a link to it ..DO you have one or an address ???
love it
thanks Diana
vindina@tds.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs