Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never look back...


A dear friend of mine, Cindy Motherway (Mothermark on SCS) collaborated with H&M Stamps to come up with a fun stamp set. Now, Cindy is a goofball!! (That's why I love her so much.) So, that's why all of the images in this set are back-ends of animals with clever sayings to go with them. The set is called "A Lil' Behind". There are 23 fabulous images and sentiments in this set. Too, too fun!!

Now, SCS's Ways to use it challenge today, is to get creative with a white gel pen. I love my Inkssentials pen, so I stamped this fun cow on Kraft cardstock with Tuxedo Black (Memento) ink. I then colored it with my gel pen and copics. I was actually able to shade the white edges with my C-3 Cool gray copic. It colored right over the gel pen. The dots on the side are just punched Suede Dark Brown cs circles ink distressed with Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink) to give them a bit of depth. Each panel is inked distressed with the Brushed Corduroy also.

Supplies:
Stamps - A Lil' Behind (H&M stamps)
Paper - Tawny Medium, Herbal Garden Medium (Prismatics), Going Gray, Kraft and Black (Stampin' Up)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Tag corner (Stampin' Up), Hole punch, Copics, White gel pen (Inkssentials), sponge

10 comments:

Becky Elfert said...

I love this card. You did a fabulous job with the challenge. TFS

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! Great card!

Darlene said...

What a fun card!!! This image is tooo cute!! Definately put a smile on my face ... that Cindy, she's a hoot!!

StampOwl said...

now why am I not surprised that you picked this particular image to make your card with LOL ... of course I love it!

Unknown said...

Too, too cute!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh!! This is too cute, and will have to check out those stamps now. *wink*

Mothermark said...

Tosh! I love this card. It's a kick! How appropriate that you would use the cow butt for the first card you make using this set! Only you could make a cows butt loook so good! Snort!

I get the feeling you are gonna use this one alot in the future for all of your surrounding cow people! Giggle!

Thanks so much....oh yeah..how wonderful that gel pen worked for this! Awesome and fun card.

And don't call me goofy!

wendyp said...

those stamps are too funny! Awesome card! Love how you used the gel pen!

Juliana said...

Tee Hee!!!
Very funny and very nicely done!!

Shirley said...

How darn cute! Love what you did with the twill ribbon too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs