Monday, February 18, 2008

Looking for Treasure? Button, Button, Who's got the button?

edit: I jumped the gun a bit...sorry. The blog candy and clue will be posted early Tuesday morning. Happy hunting.

treasureIt’s TREASURE HUNT TUESDAY @ RUBBERNECKER. The Treasure, if you find it, will be a free image. However, to receive the Treasure a purchase of any size is required, and your treasure must be claimed between 4:00 am PST until 9:00 pm PST Tuesday (8:00 am EST - 12:00 am EST). Not only is today Treasure Hunt Day, but for every $50 in stamps purchased, you will receive one FREE stamp. You can check out more information on the Rubbernecker Home Page. Go to Sherry's blog, Walkin on the bad side, for your first clue.

While you are on the Rubbernecker Homepage make sure and read about the Rubbernecker Bucks Monthly Drawing AND the FREE stamp offer:

*** Each month you can qualify to win $100 coupon good for Rubbernecker or Stamp Oasis stamps! For every $20 you spend, your name is entered once into a drawing.

*** For every $50 you spend on Rubbernecker, Stamp Oasis or KK Originals stamps, you get to choose a FREE stamp!


We also have some Rubber Buck Gift Certificates to give away as Blog Candy!!! These are redeemable for any stamps in the Rubbernecker, Stamp Oasis or KK Original
sections!


This week's Blog Candy links:
Candy Williams

Jeanne Streiff

Sherry Cheever

Shelly Kuck


Okay, now for my card......


I'm kicking and screaming while posting this card!!! It's Monday, and that means posting a challenge that I do with a small group of CRAZY SCSers. This week....thanks to someone negatively commenting on one of Cindy's (Mothermark) rules about a card with buttons, we all had to make a card................with 18 buttons on it!! Now how ridiculous is that??!?!? I don't even normally use buttons. So this card about put me over the edge. That's why it's posted soooooo late too!!! *groan* Now all the others made awesome button cards....I struggled and struggled and struggled...well you get the idea. So, humbly, I present to you my 18 (good grief) button card!!! NEVER AGAIN CINDY!!!! NEVER!!!

These bunnies are adorable though. So I couldn't totally ruin the card. The stamp redeems it I think. This card is pretty straight forward....I stamped the Rubbernecker image with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink on Papertrey White paper....that's my favorite ink and paper for coloring with copics. The circle and scallop are Nestabilities by Spellbinders. And the dp is Daisy D's Heirloom Dot. I doodled around the edges and added a scrappers floss bow at the top. The heart is coated with Glossy Accents by Ranger. I added a little sparkle to the basket filler and the bunnies bows too. That's it. Sooooo little, for soooooooooo much pain!! Augh!!

Supplies:
Stamps - Rubbernecker - Bunnies For Sale
Paper - Sage Shadow, Forest Foliage, Daisy D's, Papertrey White
Ink - Sage Shadow, Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink
Accessories - Nestabilities, Copics, Buttons (duh?!?), Glossy Accents, Scrappers Floss, Scotch Dimensional Tape, Sakura purple souffle pen, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Glitter

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

your card looks great to me Tosh

Cassie said...

the pic of your card isn't showing up!! I will keep trying back to see it - I want to see a card with 18 buttons - i can't even IMAGINE!!

Deb Neerman said...

Hi Kiddo ... your image is not there ... you've got a broken link. But I can't wait to see your 18 button card, so I'll check back later.

~Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm seeing the image and all those buttons and I LOVE it Tosh!! Your story totally cracked me up!

Kittie said...

Hi TOsh, girl! Your card picture has the dreaded red x in it. Darn!

Linda Carson said...

I cannot see your card. It's just a red "X".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs