Sunday, February 3, 2008

Spring or Winter?


Isn't this guy just adorable? I had the opportunity to go to a stamp festival in Riverside, CA last weekend. What fun!! This guy just called out to me in the *Stamps by Judith* booth. You see, Monday is the day I upload a challenge that a few SCSers and I put together each week. This week Cindy (Mothermark) challenged us to make a card based on what we thought the groundhog was going to predict...spring vs winter. Well, Hoots here was sooooo looking forward to spring that I just couldn't disappoint him. He's so excited about being popular this year. I mean Owls are everywhere, and he wanted to get his face out there...let everyone know he's the *who's who* of owls. If you'd like to see what season the others predicted, go HERE.

Here are the details:
This card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". First I stamped Hoots and the sentiment on Papertrey White cs (my favorite for coloring with copics) with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink. I think the dp's are SU, but I'm not sure which ones. I used my nestabilities to cut the circles, and the outside scallop was cut off by using a slightly smaller circle die cut. I feel it gives the circle a more masculine feel. I couldn't find my SU corner ticket punch, so I had to adapt. I just used the end of the SU tag punch to cut off the corners. A corner rounder was used for the sentiment. The edges are ink distressed with Ranger Walnut Distress Ink, and each panel is lifted with scotch dimensional tape. This card is for my dear friend Frances (StampOwl on SCS). Ya think she'll like the owl stamp? LOL



Supplies
Stamps - Stamps by Judith
Paper - SU River Rock, Choc. Chip, Papertrey White, SU dp
Ink - Ranger Black Soot and Walnut Distress Ink
Accessories - Nestabilities, Copics, SU tag and corner ticket punch, Rusty Pickle Ribbon, SU Choc. Chip Grossgrain ribbon, brads, sponge, Scotch dimensional tape

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

I think Frances will LOVE this owl. He is so funny..what a cute expression....

GREAT card too!

Unknown said...

That little owl is just adorable!

I love your card!

Anonymous said...

Tosh, this is the absolute CUTEST!!! I love that paper paired with that adorable owl image!! And...as usual your layout is wonderful (I need to take lessons from you)!

RaeAnne said...

that owl is amazingly cute.. i love that stamp


lovee ittt

RaeAnne

dpkennedy said...

This card is great! I love the circle with the notches that the image is layered on. And that lace with the brads? This is just fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs