Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Elegant Flower


I made this card for the Color Challenge on SCS. We were to use: Certainly Celery, Orchid Oplulence, and Pumpkin Pie. Now that was a challenge!! WOW!! Here's what I came up with.

I love this Hero Arts flower!! I would normally dirty it up a bit, but I didn't feel it would lend itself very well with this particular color combo, so I *prettied* it up instead with a lot of sparkle and bling. I'm a huge fan of the Penny Black Stamp - Scrolling Along, that I used on the bg too. It has very fine and gorgeous swirls, hearts and teeny flowers. So many possibilities!! LOVE IT!!

I colored the flower with SU markers of the challenge colors and added ultrafine glitter with my Quickie glue pen. The tiny rhinestones are by Hero Arts too. The bg was stamped with Versamark and colored with my Sakura White Souffle pen, and ultrafine glitter. I blinged up the sentiment the same way. The scallops were made with my SU slit punch. The sentiment comes with a bunch of awesome clear stamps by Hero Arts. Love them too. They have all different fonts, and a few little extras that come in handy when embellishing. That's about it.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamper's Dream - Hero Arts Elegant Flower, Penny Black - Scrolling along, Hero Arts - Thinking of you messages
Paper - Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Papertrey White
Ink - SU markers, Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink
Accessories - Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine glitter, SU slit punch, SU gingham ribbon, SU corner ticket punch. Hero Arts Rhinestone Stickers

6 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Just beautiful - great design and great use of colours for the challenge! :)

Unknown said...

Tosh, that is sooooooo gorgeous! I love all the different stamps you used, and how you pulled them all together to make this beautiful and elegant piece! Super fantastic job, my friend! :-) You can dirty it up the next time! LOL!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG girl this is just gorgeous! I love it!

Lastel said...

Absolutely beautiful !!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! Love the scallops!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! This one is just beautiful! I love the sparkle on it and you did such a great job with those colors! I skipped that one! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs