Saturday, May 30, 2009

Picnic Time

Okay...I recently just got some dp in the mail from Stamper's Dream. If you follow my blog, you know that I'm a HUGE My Mind's Eye fan. LOVE their paper. Well, I thought this new line Breaking Free fit wonderfully with this sweet Sarah Kay image called Picnic Time. She's perfect for any little girl who likes to play with dolls, or play dress up.

The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Neenah Solar White, and was colored with copics. The frame was cut with my Curved Rectangles Nestabilities (Spellbinders) and the flower poking out of the side is one of Spellbinder's new (released this spring) Nestabilities called Blossom.

The corners were made by using a Martha Stewart border punch at an angle. And the pearls in the Carl CarlaCraft flowers are Blush Pearls by Kaisercraft. The Button and Twine are PTI.

eta: There's a trick to getting the corners to look the way I did. I totally forgot to include that earlier. Before using the MS border punch, I punched the corners with my Ticket Corner Punch (Stampin' UP!)...otherwise you won't be able to fit the 3 little lacy punched teardrops on the corner. It will cut them off. Does that make sense? You probably can just trim off the corner a bit to fit it in too. That's just how I did it.

That about covers it!
Have a fantastic weekend my blogging friends.
I will be cleaning up my Stamproom...I literally have no room to work any more. So sad. I'm pathetic. Everything has a place, it's just not in it. And when it's not in it, it takes me all that much longer to make a card because I can't find it!! Grrrr...so no more fun for me today...it's work, work, work. *groan*.

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Picnic Time (Sarah Kay - Stampavie)
Paper - Kraft (Prismatics), Neenah Solar White, Breaking Free dp (MME)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Copics
Accessories - Curved Rectangles and Blossom Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Border Punches (Martha Stewart and Fiskars), Ribbon (Chatterbox), Button and Twine (PTI), Flower Punch (Carl CarlaCraft), Pearl (Kaisercraft)

19 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

hey gf....don't you know the old adage.....

all work and no play
makes for a grumpy day

so set several goals along the way
and when you reach each one take time to play

(poor poem...but I'm sure you get my drift.......(snowsnotdrift...lol))

this is adorable and that paper goes so perfectly with her pretty dress

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Tosh, so lovely. --Happy cleaning, i need to do the same thing. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Anonymous said...

Tosh, how delightful!! I love everything about this card!! Super cute design paper!!
--Becca

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! Beautiful card! Love the papers (I'm a MME fan too ;), and the punched cornes and the flower behind the image are delightful!

Hugs, Lena

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is just gorgeous! So soft and sweet!

StampOwl said...

super cute Tosh. Hey when you finished cleaning your room come down here and do mine too hehe!

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable, Tosh! Love the way you did the corners! Good luck on your clean-up :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Tosh! I love the soft colors, and the coloring on your image is so perfect with the MME paper!

Yep, I know what you mean. I'm going to be cleaning up a bit too. I only have about 4" of work space left. LOL!

Grace said...

Oh Tosh... this is the cutest image! I need to find it... my granddaughter is sooo into her dolls right now. This would be perfect for her. You always do gorgeous work... and this paper is to drool on!!! LOL! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm sorry we're crossing in and out at ODBD but I'll be checking in on your blog... I have long admired your work!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh she's so adorable Tosh...she reminds me so much of my little nieces who are so girly!

America said...

WOW!! what a gorgeous creation!!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh this is so sweet, Tosh. Your coloring is beautifully done.

Denise Marzec said...

So dainty, girly, and sweet! LOVE everything about this adorable card, Tosh. :)

retiredheather said...

Love the coloring and love the layout. I am going to try your corners...they look super.
Hugs
Heather

Conniecrafter said...

darling image, love the way you used the punch on the corners too!

Gabriela said...

Oh Tosh this is the sweetest image! What preciousness! I adore all the tiny details of this card, but that high chair is just wonderful!

Linda Carson said...

Picture perfect w/all the right touches!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely precious, Tosh...that is my favorite SK image and you have colored her sooo beautifully!!!!! I love those fancy corners, too...gotta go buy more Martha stuff!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very sweet, Tosh!! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love your Blossom shapes!! I also love your pretty and delicate corners!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs