Monday, June 1, 2009

A CCEE Challenge and an Announcement!!

I have 3 projects to share with you today because I have an announcement that I'm thrilled to be able to make!! As you can see by the watermark on this card, I'm now officially a Verve Diva!! I've LONG admired Julee's images, as well as her skills as a stamper, so when she asked if I'd like to join the team, of course I said yes. I didn't even have to think about it!! Thanks Julee for this honor.

I simply adore Julee's new set Up, Up and Away. I LOVE hot air balloons; Love watching them and love riding in them. I took my first hot air balloon ride 7 years ago, and will get to go on my second one this summer. I can not wait! There is nothing like the peace up in the sky. No sounds except for the gases being released into the balloon. And when the pilot stops releasing them for a bit, pure quiet. No birds, no cars, nothing!! Tranquility!!

Okay, now on to the card, I only stamped the balloon shape from the set Up, Up and Away. I replaced the interior design with one of the extra designs that is in the set. I then colored it with copics and added a few multicolored mini rhinestones (Zva Creations).


I got this jar at Wal-Mart for $1.50. I loved the square panels and the ridges along the sides. It made for easy decorating. I just used my new Inverted Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. For the kraft layer, I first cut out the smaller shape. I then laid a larger one over the top and put my tan mat underneath so it didn't cut through, but embossed instead. For the top layer, I used the larger shape so that I had a nice matting around the star burst look.

If you click on the photo, you can see a closer look of the sentiment tag on the top. I rock 'n rolled the sentiment You're Red Hot ( Sweet on You) with Classic Red (Stampin' UP!) and Tuxedo Black (Memento). I love the look. The button is from PTI, and the swirls are a Stampin' UP! diecut. All the edges were ink distressed with Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink), and the Paper is My Mind's Eye from their Just Dreamy Collection.

Last, but certainly not least, I made this card for the weekly CCEE challenge. Since it's a new month, we have a new hostess with the mostest, and that would be Charlene!! For this first week, she provided us with a sketch.

I first stamped the Mentor, protector, etc. image, from the Protector set, with Faded Jeans (Ranger Distress) ....stamped off twice....onto Gray (Prismatics) for the bg in the oval. I then stamped *DAD* over it with Versamark and embossed it with Detailed Black ep. The edges are all ink distressed with Slate (Adirondack Dye Ink), and the texture was created with a Sizzix embossing folder. I finished it off with some sewing and a few brads, along with two punched stars made with the SU Star Punch.

If you'd like to see what the other gals have come up with , or would like to participate yourself, head on over to the CCEE Stamper's Blog by clicking HERE. We'd love to have you join us in this sketch challenge.

If you've stayed with me this long, I'm impressed! Thanks for stopping by!!!
I hope you have a fabulous week!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Up, Up and Away, Sweet on You and Protector (Verve)
Paper - Prismatics, Little Yellow Bicycle dp (Balloon), MME dp (Candy Jar)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Slate (Adirondack Dye Ink), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink), Copics
Accessories - Nestabilites (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Ribbon (May Arts), Button (PTI), Mini Multicolored Rhinestones (Zva Creations), Star Punch (SU), Brads, Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape, Flourish Diecut (SU)

25 comments:

Dawn said...

woohoooo!! Congrats Toshypooh!! Julee's so schmart to have snagged YOU!!!

StampOwl said...

Congrats Tosh ... that is exciting news ...now you will make me want those stamps. hehe Wonderful cards btw

Shannan Teubner said...

I am sooooo excited to have you on the team, Tosh!! You're a ROCK STAR!!

Judy Rozema said...

Oh, Tosh, that is such great news! CONGRATULATIONS to you!! Julee was a smart cookie to have you on the team!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your exciting news as a new Verve Diva, Tosh! I'm not surprised that Julee would want to snap you up for her DT with all your endless stamping talent.

I love each and every one of your projects you posted. I like how you used the soft blue to simulate the sky for the hot air balloon card; I love the cool Red Hots jar you altered; and your Father's Day card totally rocks with all the sewing and the masculine colors! Keep on keepin' it on!

Betty Wright said...

Congratulations, Tosh!!! Wonderful news!!!! Great cards and red hot jar project. I love the little inverted window you created around the jar. I love some red hots, anyway. LOL!!!
Gorgeous cards and details as always!!! Beautifully done!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh my I can hardly contain my excitement! I am SO happy to be designing with you GF!! I STILL have that birthday card you sent me TWO years ago!! I love your work! Congrats! Hugs,

Denise Marzec said...

HOOOOOOOO-RAY!!! I'm so excited to see this announcement because after seeing all your Verve stuff lately, I thought to myself you should be added to the DT. Julee's a smart cookie to snag you up. Your talent is amazing and you so deserve a spot on her team!

These cards are fabulous...I especially love the hot air balloon card. Those blue papers with white are just SOOOOOO soft and pretty. Your coloring is fabo too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats Tosh, how exciting!!!!!! I love everything you do and i think you fit this team perfectly!!
--Big hug to you!!!!!!
--oh i think i'm going to have to case that jar of yours' it's to die for!!!!!

More Hugs Cindy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tosh!! I just know you're gonna rock those Verve stamps!! I love what you're showing today - you are so truly talented girl!!
--Hugs Becca

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Congrats - Tosh!!! Your fab creations fit right into the VV Divas!!! Julee knows how to pick them Divas for sure :)!!!

Looking forward seeing even more fab cards of yours!!! Today's cards are rockin' too!!! Hugs ~S~

Mothermark said...

Well, no big surprise! Holy cow, as cool as your stuff is you oughta be on everyone's design team. That is a wonderful thing Tosh, you deserve it and I am so happy because I can *feel* how much you are gonna love being there! Its a wonderful fit, a great partnership and I look really forward to seeing what you do with Verve's *stuff*

You go girl! These projects are all aweome. I love the *Hot* gift, it is so creative and fun. And the other two too!! Tu-Tu! Snort!

Congrats!
Cindy

Gabriela said...

I always knew the Verve folks were top notch, but now they've proved they're smart too! They sure have a knack for finding the best and most talented artists, and since you are the cream of the crop, well this just proves my point. Heartfelt congratulations, my friend!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! A Verve Diva!! You go Tosh! Congratulations!

Carolyn King said...

woohooo Tosh!!! HUGE congrats girlfriend....there is no one more deserving of this honor. Your red hot jar is so clever and beautiful and I adore your hot air balloon--even though i am afraid of heights!!! giggle!

Congrats to you!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Tosha! Congratulations...you are a great fit for Verve! I can't wait to see everything you do!

Joan Ervin said...

Awww, sweet Tosh...congrats on becoming a Verve Diva!!!!! You are sooo talented and Julie is one smart cookie to grab you up!!!! I love the little balloon card with your gorgeous coloring and awesome colors!!! The jar is decorated sooo pretty and I love the Father's Day card with Charlene's beautiful sketch...you are amazing, girl!!!

Kim said...

Congrats, Tosh! You are certainly going to be a big asset to Julie's team! Great cards and red hot jar!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Congrats Tosha!!! WTG!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the Verve stamps!! :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Congratulations on your new "Verve-iness!" Your designs are always top notch special, they are lucky to have you!

Great designs all around. The red-hot jar is a great idea! So cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

A VERVE diva......and the sweetest diva of all....congrats, my friend

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, Tosh!! I think you are a wonderful fit with Verve!!

All of your projects are fabulous!! I love the pretty papers and your coloring on your balloon card, and your Red Hot jar is so pretty and such a great idea!! Love your Dad card too!!

Sandra MacLean said...

This is wonderful news Tosh!! I think you and Verve stamps are a match made in heaven!! The
Perfect couple! Hehe No, but seriously, I can't wait to see your wonderful creations with Jules's beautiful stamps. I'm sure I'll be delighted. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I'm so happy to have you join the Divas! Woooooooohooooo! Love your projects, especially the Red Hot jar - I just love the shading of the reds on the sentiment. Beautiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such fabulous projects, Tosh and I'm so excited to be working with you on the team! You are awesome! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs