Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You're a lifesaver!

Verve has a wonderfully fun new set this month called *Sweet On You*. And it's filled with fun sentiments that go well with different candies. I chose to use *You're a Lifesaver* and made my own lifesaver candies with circle Nestabilities. I just layered the smallest circle inside one 2 sizes larger, cut, then embossed. I then coated them with Diamond glaze (JudiKins). When it was almost dry, I used my JustRite 1 3/16" circle stamper with the 15 pt. Times Roman font and stamped *Lifesaver* into the glaze. I think they look like lifesavers don't you? The bg is embossed with the Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug Folder, and the stitched grosgrain was stapled on. The corners were punched with the SU Tag Corner Punch, and the dots in the corner are Black Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.)

That about sums this card up. Thanks a bunch for stopping by!!
Have a wonderful week of Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet On You (Verve), Times Roman Font and 1 3/16" Circle Stamper(JustRite)
Paper: Black and White (Prismatics)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Diamond Glaze (JudiKins), Tag Corner Punch (SU), Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), Diamonds in the Rough Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Grosgrain Stitched Ribbon (May Arts), Stapler

26 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Oh Tosh...this is so cute and creative!! The Diamond Glaze really gives your Lifesavers a real candy look!!

StampOwl said...

oh wow Tosh they do look real ... just as well they are lifesavers and not M & M's or you know who might try and eat em hehe!

Mothermark said...

I heard you had sweets on your glob! Are they gummy bear life savers?

This is great! I love the bright colors. Reminds me of the olympic circles. Its cool!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness....your lifesavers look REAL! Seriously, girl, WOWWWWWW! Stamping in Diamond Glaze...you're BRILLIANT!

Joanne (jojot) said...

hmmm...I actually think that I could have your lifesavers.....not much sugar...although, wow...do they every look real....a CAS beauty, gf

Tracy said...

You are so clever! This turned out super and yes, they do look good enought to pop into my mouth!

Linda Carson said...

Aren't you a clever & creative!! You fooled me! I thought these were stamped! Way cool Tosh!!

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, this is just genius how you created those lifesavers! I LOVE it!!
Carol

Tanya S said...

You are so talented!I love it!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Wow those lifesavers are awesome! I love them. What a smart idea to use the thick embossing powder and your just rite!

nise said...

You are too clever!! Those lifesavers do look like the real deal. Like how they stand out on the white card. This is a great use of your ingenuity, Tosh.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! This is such an amazing card! They DO look like Lifesavers!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOWEEE!! They DO look real! How creative!!!

Carolyn King said...

totallyyyyyyyyyyyyy look real..making my mouth water!!! AWESOMELY creative girl! Wow!
now pass me the lifesavers....

Silke Ledlow said...

See...now you know why Julee chose you - you are one clever and super creative artist :)!!! Totally love this card and your idea!!! Hugs ~S~

Gabriela said...

Tosh - I just love love love this Lifesaver card. Those Lifesavers are perfect. It's no wonder you are SUCH a Diva! A Verve Diva, that is.

Rebecca Ednie said...

That's amazing!! They really look like lifesavers!! Except I've never seen a blue one. Can you say artistic license?? LOL haha

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

OMGoodness! These look so yummy! How clever are you??? What a fantastic card, Tosha! :)

Julia Aston said...

I LOVE your life savers Tosh - how very clever of you - they DO look real!! very fun card - love the sentiment!

Unknown said...

How did I miss this yesterday??? Those DO look like real lifesavers! DO NOT tell me you are blonde again. People who make cards like this cannot be blonde. It's over the top smart. :-)

Deborah Saaranen said...

So creative-- they absolutely look like LifeSavers! Fabulous!

Joan Ervin said...

how super cute, Tosh!!!!! What a fun sentiment and the candy is just perfect!!!! This looks like a must have set, for sure!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is absolutely ADORABLE! Oh my goodness, I LOVE it!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulously cute & clever Tosh! And a big wooohoooo to being a Verve Diva--you make a wonderful addition! Lovin' this card so much!

hugz,
Suzanne

dpkennedy said...

Holy Moly girl-this is amazing! That is one of the most clever ideas I've seen in a long time! I love these Lifesavers and this fantastic card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs