Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Verve Sneak Peek - Kindred Spirits

I'm so excited to be able to share with you my very first Verve Sneak Peek. Julee has done it again. She has three gorgeous sets for you this month and some awesome Plain Janes!! My project for today is showcasing the set Kindred Spirits. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. So much so that I completed the inside of the card, and made an envelope to match.

For the card, I started by Inking up the largest Fleur de lis combo image with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, stamping it off once, and then stamping it onto Simply Smooth Cardstock. I stamped the smaller one directly on top of the first with Frayed Burlap again. All the edges are ink distressed with the Frayed Burlap distress ink also. I then cut out the shape with the Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), and pierced a background piece with an Ornare Template. The edges were punched with a Fiskars border punch. The swirls were cut with a SU! diecut as was the flower base. The center of the flower was made with a Carl CarlaCraft punch and a Pewter Pearl (Kaisercraft)

For the inside, I used the Fleur de lis strip, stamping it twice, and the Kindred Spirits sentiment was stamped with Espresso (Adirondack Dye Ink). I stamped the larger Fleur de lis in the background with Frayed Burlap, but it's hard to see.


Finally, I stamped the envelope with the frame and the two individual Fleur de lis images and added a couple of Rhinestone Stickers (Kaisercraft and Zva Creative)

That about sums it all up. Head on over to the Verve Blog and check out what the other Divas have come up with for this set. They are fantastic.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a fabulous rest of the week!!!




Supplies:
Stamps: Kindred Spirits
Paper: Imaginisce dp, Birchtone Medium and Dark (Prismatic), Neenah Natural White
Ink: Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink), Espresso (Adiraondack Dye Ink)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Ornare Piercing Template, Piercing Tool, Rhinestones (Kaisercraft and Zva Creative), Pewter Pearls (Kaisercraft), Flourishes and Flowers (SU! and Carl CarlaCraft), Fiskars Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Corner Ticket Punch (SU!)

23 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Tosh!!! LOVE these colors and the richness in colors you created. Wonderful images and detailing on both cards and the envy!!! Fablous!!!! Blessings to you!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh my word....you hit a homerun with this card! Every detail is amazing Tosha!! I will be adding an Onare piercing template to my wish list....A Truly Stunning Card!!

Connie M. said...

These are both just so pretty, Tosh! Love the vintage feel to both, and thos flourishes on the first card are just perfect!

Shannan Teubner said...

WOWEEEE!! Tosh, this is just stunning!! I love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Outstanding Tosh!!!!!!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

WHOA! Tosh this is amazing! All the details are fabulous! I can't believe all the piercing on this -your hand must be sore -LOl! It looks amazing. Great first sneak peek!! Hugs,

Gabriela said...

Just don't come running to me when you start complaining of carpal tunnel syndrome! Seriously though, your card is sheer perfection! I adore all the wonderful vintage piercings; just like a pie safe, and your choice in colors and DP are exquisite, my dear. Hold your head high as you wear the Verve Diva crown.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Tosh, this is pure elegance! I love the Ornare piercing and the nested stamping of the focal image. Oh, and the way you laid out the stamps on the envelope....gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Kerri said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant, Tosha! I love the piercing, those fabulous flourishes, and the way you layered the fleur de lis clusters! Stunning card!!!

Carolyn King said...

see...a mere commoner such as myself would kill herself trying to do all the piercings....I would look like a pin cushion when I was through....bet you are unscathed, ugh?

SHEER ELEGANCE!

Silke Ledlow said...

SUPER FANTASTIC CARDS - TOSH!!! Look at all this piercing - I LOVE IT!!!! I'm lovin' this sneak peek - you are a perfect addition to this team and you are rockin' Julee's stamps!!! Hugs ~S~

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING!

Kellie Fortin said...

Absolutely Exquisite Tasha. Love every detail!!

Amy Sheffer said...

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this, Tosh! It is stunning beyond measure! Just LOOK at all that piercing!!

retiredheather said...

Lovely card. I love the earth colors and the design is great. Looks like a wonderful stamp set.
Hugs
Heather

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Tosh, this is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! I LOVE the colors, your swirls and your piercing is stunning! Very creative how you did the Fleur de Lis as well!

nise said...

What a great job on your very first Verve sneak peak! Love the way you stamped the fleur de lis and that paper piercing is fabulous! I am a brown girl, so I am always happy when you use a lovely shade, especially the distress ink ones.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW, this is just gorgeous, Tosh!

Conniecrafter said...

Just Gorgeous, such pretty border punching and piercing, love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Tosh, this is totally amazing girl!!
--Becca

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, these are fantastic! LOVE all the tedious piercing....I LIVE for this stuff!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my! Look at all that amazing piercing! How elegant!

Shelbell said...

This one is too much, Tosh! Words can't even begin to describe the elegance! Way to go!!!!! Absolutely LOVE this one :) The colors are so rich, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs