Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nesting

I've mentioned many times that I'm a huge nature lover. Birds are right at the top of my list, so naturally I'm drawn to bird stamp images. This Nesting image (Inkadinkado), that I got from Stamper's Dream, is so realistic to me. I loved it the first time I saw it. And then while making this card, I found it was the easiest image to color. Many stampers having been using their copics on Kraft paper lately, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm happy to say, I'm very pleased with the results. Kraft is very easy to color on, and I love the vintage feel it gave this card. After coloring, I coated the image with three layers of Detail Clear Embossing Powder (JudiKins), put it in the freezer for 10 minutes, cracked the glaze and rubbed Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink) into the cracks. I then framed the image with this Breaking Free Summertime Frame Diecut (My Mind's Eye), and embellished it with flowers, flourishes and ribbon. Everything is ink distressed with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink).

The weekend is just around the corner. Hope your week is going well!
Happy stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Nesting (Inkadinkado)
Paper - Black, Birchtone Medium and Kraft (Prism), Diecut (MME)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, Flower and flourish diecuts (SU!), Flower and leaf Punches (Martha Stewart, Punch Bunch, Carl CarlaCraft), Black and Pewter Pearls (Kaisercraft), Wooden Button (PTI), Jute (PTI), Ribbon (May Arts)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! This is simply gorgeous! Love the Copics on Kraft, and it's framed so beautifully with the flowers and flourishes. Awesome, Tosh!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh Tosh, this is just gorgeous-- honestly, my jaw is on the floor! Your designs always have me in that condition; I must say this one especially so! Everything about it is just perfect!

Betty Wright said...

Tosh, this is so gorgeous!!!! LOVE all those layered sponged flowers and details. Gorgeous kraft coloring!!! Love the crack glass with the kraft cardstock. Lovely framed image!!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

GASP!!!!!!!!!! Girl, you have outdone yourself...and that is hard to do because your creations are always over the top gorgeous! I mean, this is one STUNNING card!!! Send it to me...pretty please....(giving puppy dog look here..)...

You are one talented lady!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wowza.....now this is a BEAUTY with your signature warm and richness of image and 'feel'.....excellence personified, my dear friend

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! This is drop dead gorgeous!! Those colors are absolutely sultry and you've put it all together so well!!
--Becca

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning!! Love the look of the Kraft background! And that frame with all the embellishment?? Oh My!! So gorgeous!

Gabriela said...

Wait! your card knocked me right outta my chair again. Gimme a moment to climb back into it. I think I'm going to need to install a seat belt on my computer chair and make sure I'm buckled in when I open your blog. Needless to say I'm coveting your card, big time. Tell Laurie to take a number!

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tosh!!!! Such a beautiful design with the frame and that awesome bird image!!!! This would look great framed again and hanging on the wall....hummmm, my living room would be a great place!!!!!! You are sooo talented, girl...everything you design is FABULOUS!!!!!!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous my friend just gorgeous

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I love the natural colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy moly, woman, that's an incredible looking card! Love the swirls with the branch punch and gingham ribbon. Fantastic layered flowers too. Awesome!

Grace said...

Tosh this is soooo realistic! I love the distressed effects you gave and that frame is beautiful too! Oh I'm with Joan... my sun room is the perfect spot! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Tosh this is a Tosh card for sure, I love it.

nise said...

The frame got my attention, but it's the bird image and how you cracked the glass then walnut distressed it that I really like. Great way to send us all into a weekend ~ thanks!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning!

Betty J Schaub said...

Love what you do! Everything is prettier than the previous! You are like the energizer bunny, you just keep going, and going, and going and always getting beter and better.

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely fabulous card - Tosh!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

stunning! wow! wow! wow!

Connie M. said...

This is just sooo beautiful, Tosh! Your bow with the flourish and all those flowers...WOW!!

Connie M. said...

This is just sooo beautiful, Tosh! Your bow with the flourish and all those flowers...WOW!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful Tosh--I adore the vintage feel & the image is gorgeous. I love coloring on kraft--such a different look!

hugz,
Suzanne

dpkennedy said...

I am right there with you lovin' the birds! This is just so sweet! I love that rustic frame and your flowers are perfect! Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs