Saturday, May 9, 2009

In God I Trust!


When I saw this sentiment in Kelley's new set "In God We Trust", from Our Daily Bread Designs, I knew I wanted to make a card that focused strictly on that statement.

I saw a pillow a couple of days ago with this type of color blocking, so I thought I'd make this Clean and Simple. I punched the stars out of each colored panel, embossed them with the Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), and mounted the top panel on top of each of the other colors with dimensional tape. I then added a strip of the sentiment to divide each color and a Multicolored Mini-Rhinestone between the statements. There are Black Candy Dots in the corners also.

It doesn't get much simpler than that. *grin*
Have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!

Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - In God We Trust (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper - Prism
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories - Star and Corner Tag punch (Stampin' Up!), Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug - ProvoCraft), Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), Dimensional Tape

17 comments:

StampOwl said...

very patriotic card Tosh! Love it!!!!!!!

Gabriela said...

Perfectly patriotic! I adore the horizontal embossing on each panel and the white background onto which they're mounted. The punched stars are sheer genius! I truly love your card, Tosh. Outstanding!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your color blocking Tosh, perfect for your sentiment. Love your punched stars, you are so clever. Hugs Cindy Happy Mother's Day!! xxoo

Betty Wright said...

Tosh, this is wonderful!!! Love the layout and design. Great texture and love the negative star punch detailing!!! Happy Mother's Day!!! Blessings, Betty

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome patriotic card!

Anonymous said...

Tosh, I love your title - In God I Trust. Your card is amazing. I love your layout and the striped embossing. Actually, I love everything about your card. Happy Mother's Day to you also.

Sandy Hill

Rose Ann said...

I love the texture, your punched hearts, and how you've focused on the sentiment!!

Happy Mother's Day, Tosh!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so wonderful, gf

Deborah Saaranen said...

Marvelous texture, patriotic colors and stars! Love everything about this!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Spectacular! I love the blocking!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend!!! I LOVE the bold colors on this card, and all that awesome texture. And you didn't distress anything on it? Geez! :-)

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! I love it! Patriotic cards just warm my heart :D

dpkennedy said...

I love the embossed panels! This is really a magnificent card!

ChristineCreations said...

You know the texture works perfectly here, it really gives it the feeling of a flag! ...I trust too :)

Kelley said...

You are getting so good at the CAS! This is so fresh and fun!

Silke Ledlow said...

What an awesome patriotic card!!! Perfect for the upcoming holiday!!! Love it!!!

Gail said...

Love Love love the card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs