Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cards for Heroes with a Supply Challenge


The card I made for today is going to Cards for Heroes. I am so grateful to our men and women who serve this country, not only by being in one of the armed forces, but also by being family members of those fighting for our country. What a huge sacrifice they are all making to keep me and my family safe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't have many A2 cards. Especially those without many layers, but I've found about a dozen or so in my stash that I'll be sending with this one too. If you'd like to send cards to Cards for Heroes so that the men and women serving have special cards to send to their families, click HERE to learn how to go about doing just that. There's an awesome YouTube video showing how much the cards being sent mean to the men and women serving found HERE.

This card was also created with supplies provided by fellow CCEE member Deb Mills. She sent us 3 pieces of 6x6 Bittersweet Basicgrey dp and required us to use two of them.
Now, I'm going to get buzzed by some of the members because the ribbon was optional, and a brad that was sent was required. Being *duh* comes natural to me, and I used the ribbon and not the brad. I didn't even realize it until reading the post that Frances had ready on the CCEE Stampers Blog. Sorry gang!

But, we'd love to have you play along too. All you have to do is make a card with 2 different decorative papers, and add a brad. Ribbon would be great too if you'd like. To see what the other gals have done with this paper, head to the CCEE Stampers Blog.

Now, about the card, to achieve the embossed circle, I first cut out the center circle with a Circle Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders), and then leaving it in place, I added the next larger circle to it and embossed it with a tan mat behind it and 3 shims (pieces of cardstock). I then stamped the gorgeous heart image from Impression Obsessions Filigrees Clear Stamp Set that I got from Stamper's Dream. I used a Fiskars slot punch to punch places to thread my ribbon on the left side of the card, and scalloped the edges with the SU scallop border punch. The flowers were made with a Carl CarlaCraft Punch.

The other end of the card was created by using a Spellbinders piercabilities border. I then added a couple of Soft Pink Kaisercraft rhinestones and some brown embroidery thread for the bows.

Thanks again to all our service men and women, and to their families!!
Take care everyone!!
Tosh

SALE!!!!
Just a little reminder that Michelle has all the Our Craft Lounge Images marked 25% off! Go check them out!!!! Just click on the Sales and Specials button in the top left corner of your online store. Or click HERE.


Supplies:
Stamps - Filigrees Clear Stamp Set (Impression Obsession)
Paper - Kraft (Prism) and Bittersweet dp (Basicgrey)
Ink - Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Brown Satin Ribbon, Piercabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop border Punch (SU), Slot Punch (Fiskars), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Piercing Tool

20 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Tosh. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Gail said...

gorgeous! just beautiful!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Do I get to use the buzzer since I beat Gertie here? Huh? Can I? Hee! Lord love ya, Tosh. I guess the fact that you make some of the most gorgeous cards in the world probably gives you a buzzer exemption. Every inch of this card is magnificent, and I just love how you worked that ribbon!

StampOwl said...

Charlene is buzzer happy today Tosh ... ignore her *wink* she buzzed me too ... sheesh! Love your card today!

diane mcvey said...

100% GORGEOUS card!!! You rock! I love your designs, you are SOOOOO talented!
:D

BPB said...

Something beautiful !!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Stunning card Tosha!

Joanne (jojot) said...

THUD!!!!!!

Darlene said...

This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! You make some really beautiful craftwork!!! Lots of inspiration to gather!
I've added yoy to my blogroll, so I can keep an eye on you ;o)

Thank you so much, for you sweet comment in my blog!

Have a nice day! Hugs, Lena

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Tosh!! I love the heart image and widow!! Your strip of DP, pretty ribbon, and bling...are all so lovely!! Wonderful piercing as well!!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful, with the colours and piercing and those little bows on the right.

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is a wonderful card.
Annette

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card...in perfect Tosha style! I love the piercing, embossing, little bows, and the addition of the rhinestones is perfect. Of course, the stamp is oh so elegant! Beautifully done!!!

Carolyn King said...

a total stunner Tosh!!!

Mothermark said...

I heard Bertie was buzzing people so I had to come see wassup!!! I see the ribbon, I see one paper! Bzzzzttttt! Snort...

You know we have all gotten really used to getting buzzed so no matter really, it doesn't hurt! And your cards are so beautiful, we just keep coming back for more whether they are *in compliance* or not!

Its lovely Tosh, I love the little itsey bitsey thingys!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhh I LOVE how you added the bling and the tiny ribbon bows to the piercabilities template...I'm gonna *hafta* (as you would say, LOL!) try THAT!! Love the ribbon treatment on the left too. You ROCK!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Tosh!! Love your ribbon bows, rhinestones, embossing and piercing!! So elegant!

dpkennedy said...

This is beautiful Tosh and just so meaningful! I would love to join in and send cards to all those wonderful armed forces who protect and serve us all! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs