Sunday, May 17, 2009

Paper challenged


This week for our CCEE challenge, Deb wanted us to haul out some designer paper that we've been hoarding. well, this scroll-cut dp has been gracing my shelves for quite some time. So when I saw that Joan Ervin over on SCS was being featured today, and saw THIS CARD, I knew just what I wanted to do. I LOVED the technique and colors she used, so I used the same ink colors. She rubbed the Ranger Distress Inks Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain onto a craft sheet, spritzed it with water and drug the cardstock through the watery ink. Woila...the background. I then stamped the branch with Walnut Stain, and the bird and flowers with Versamark. The bird was embossed with Black ep, and the flowers with White ep., and the edges were all ink distressed with Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain.

Here's the inside.

Thanks for the inspiration Joan!! I so enjoyed going through your fabulous gallery!!

Featured Stamper Changes:
Images
Sketch
Added bow instead of flower

To see what paper the other CCEE gals have dug out of their stash, visit our blog: CCEE Stampers

Hope you have a fantastic week!
My son's home from college, and my daughter has half days this week with exams...then summer begins. Although the weather seems to think it's already here. 104 degrees today...*groan*

Happy stamping everyone!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Bird on a Branch and Sweet Serendipity (Stampin' UP!)
Paper - Suede Brown Dark and Black (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White, Scroll cut dp (?)
Ink - Versamark, Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Buttons (PTI), Curved Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Border Punch (Fiskars), Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Detail Black and White Embossing Powder (Stampin' UP!), Dimensional Tape

19 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

*sigh* This is just so gorgeous Tosh!! The backgroud really sets off the embossed flowers and bird and I can see why you've been hoarding that paper! I would have hoarded it too!! Haha Great job Tosh!

Jaspere said...

Wow the colors and design are amazing.

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Tosh!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh!!

Darlene said...

B-eautiful!! Of course I haven't seen anything you've produced that wasn't beautiful!! Love that paper, I can see why you didn't want to use it!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh Tosh this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Love the colours and the sheer elegance of it!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, I LOOOOVE the look of the white embossing over that background. Totally cool1

Linda E said...

This card is stunning! I love the color combination

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness...this is so gorgeous, Tosh!! I love this image, your beautiful background, and perfect bow!! Love it all!!

Conniecrafter said...

so cool, love the background, neat stamping!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word! Pure fabulousness!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS CARD - Tosh!!! I already drooled all over it yesterday - LOL!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

holy cow.....

OMG....

jaw dropping, classy, stunning...are just some of the words that come to me for that elegant and exquisite first card.....and then my eyes continued to the other fabulous creations.......

masterpieced all.....

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Gorgeous card!!!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Gorgeous design. This is so beautiful. Wonderful distressing.. and the colors so rich and delicious!

dpkennedy said...

Another fantastic card! You know, I shouldn't wait until you have more than one card posted because by the time I get caught up I can hardly get my chin up off the floor from the awe of eyeing these beauties!

Kim Teasdale said...

Tosh! Girlfried! This is stunning!! I love the simplicity of it and the rich monotones. I ahem...might need to case it in the future...*said in a whisper* Tee hee hee!

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG THIS IS AMAZING

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is sooo awesome...love it! (Wow, I'm so glad that my computer likes your blog tonight so that I can catch up! I really appreciate all of your comments on mine....it really means a lot!!!)
God Bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs