Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wishing you Comfort

This is quite a busy card I made for today...but blame it on the SCS Sketch Challenge...*grin*...I only followed the rules of the sketch. LOL

I LOVE the variety of lanterns in the Inkadinkado set appropriately called "Lanterns" that I got from Stamper's Dream. I just think they're so classy and elegant. I stamped this lantern with Versamark and embossed it with Detailed Black ep (JudiKins). The sentiment is from the Verve set "Wonderful Wishes", and it too was embossed the same way. All the edges were ink distressed with Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink), and I added a couple of extra touches. I added a Multicolored Mini Rhinestone (Zva Creative) to the elegant Cross Ribbon Slide (Maya Road). I also added some dew drops to the corner and Frosted Lace Stickles to the inside of the lantern. The Rectangle and ovals Nestabilities (Spellbinders) were diecut with my cuttlebug and to finish it all off, I sewed around all the edges. The decorative paper is all Wisteria (Basicgrey).

Thanks for stopping by today!!
I hope you're having a fantastic week!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Lanterns (Inkadinkado), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper - Wisteria (Basicgrey), Wizard (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White
Ink - Versamark, Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Border Punch (Fiskars), Ribbon Slide (Maya Road), Dew Drops, Ribbon (May Arts), Frosted Lace Stickles, Black Detailed ep, Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Tosh, love it

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! It will bring comfort to the recipient, for sure! Love the lantern..and that cross ribbon slide is *da bomb*!

Kim said...

Beautemous, Tosh!! Don't be making me want another stamp set! I just bought a bunch!

Grace said...

Oh Tosh... I don't think it's busy... it's gorgeous!!! I thought the sketch was a bit tricky... but you really aced it with your great color choices! Lovely! I actually tried a sneak peek with it and that was challenging too but all said and done... I like the sketch even though I didn't think I would! Great work!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Tosh!!! You rocked the Sketch :)

I also have something waiting for you on my blog - check it out....
http://silkeledlow.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-award.html

Hope you will play??? Hugs ~S~

ChristineCreations said...

It looks fantastic Tosh, all the colors/patterns of yellow and the beautiful embellishments!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

It´s a wonderful card.
Annette

dpkennedy said...

Lovely card! Beautiful layering and stitching!

Rose Ann said...

That lantern is so pretty, and I love your beautiful patterned layers, Tosh!! Great stitching, and I love your ribbon slide as well!! Gorgeous!!

Judy Rozema said...

I love how your shading just look like there is a beautiful soft glow coming from the lantern. That is an awesome image, btw! Beautiful layers and stitching!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! I love that image and all the stitching!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

it is classy, not busy....it has an elegance and warmth to it...with wonderful detail work....wonderful work, cutie

Kathy Jones said...

Oooooh, gorgeous Tosh!!! Love how you've used these papers to make such an elegant card!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful work Tosh,gorgeous.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful card! The inking you did behind the lantern is just amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs