Monday, May 18, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card


I don't normally attempt too many new techniques. Mainly because I hate making mistakes and having to start over. But Lynn provided one on SCS today that didn't scare me too much. It's called a "Tri-Shutter Card". All it involved was some scoring and a bit of cutting. I can do that. *grin* To check out SCS's Technique Challenge today, click HERE.

All the images stamped onto the Dancing Jewel Kaisercraft dp, are by Verve. I'll list the links in the supply list below.

The decorative brad was made with Chatterbox's Easy Brad Maker Kit. All I did was punch a circle out of the dp with the punch provided and added the epoxy circle....also provided. Way easy and elegant. I made the tiny bow with a Bow Easy tool. Sharon sells them HERE, and and Jerri provides a very easy tutorial HERE.

Here's the card closed. It will fit into a standard A2 envelope.

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!!
Happy stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Because of You, Fairy Tales, Artful Elegance, Beautiful Kindness, Filigree Fantasy, Thankful Blossoms (Verve)
Paper - Dancing Jewel (Kaisercraft), Birchtone Light and Dark, Vellum
Ink - Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink), Currant (Adirondack Dye Ink)
Accessories - Corduroy Brad (Stampin' UP!), Easy Brad Maker (Chatterbox), Organdy Ribbon (Offray), Ultrafine Glitter (JudiKins), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)

26 comments:

Jackie said...

Gorgeous!!

Gabriela said...

Holy cow, Tosh! You're a better man than me, Charlie Brown. Way better. I sure as h*** would never have the guts to attempt this magnificent card. Y'all can relax with the knowledge that this card is safe from me even attempting to case it. It's positively gorgeous, Tosh. You've outdone yourself my dear. Kudos to you!

Gail said...

Incredible!!! I HAVE to try this! Great job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Holy moley, this is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Girl, this is AWESOME! The stamps and design are fabulous, and the folding and cutting...WOW! I need to go look at that technique challenge!!! Simply beautiful, my friend!

Denise Marzec said...

WHOA! Knock my SOCKS OFF....beautifully done, girl!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh!!!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

WOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! Tosh, you completely knocked my socks off! Seriously, this is THE most gorgeous thing I have ever EVER seen!!!! WOW!!

Kathy Jones said...

HOLY COW TOSH!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!! Love how you've stamped onto the paper to create that fantastic look and all the embellishments are unbelievable!!!

Judy Covey said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Tosh. Love your stamped design(s) and all the embellishments. I just might have to check out the directions on this one.

Mothermark said...

Absolutely incredible!

Kristen H said...

Thank you for the most beautiful eye candy with this card. Wow. The paper is so elegant, what a neat card. I may have to try this. Thank you for the link for the destructions ;)
Have a great day!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh my-- so gorgeous! What a neat technique-- I'll have to try it sometime! Your designs always have such a warm quality to them!

Libby Hickson said...

Wow that is beautiful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - Tosh!!! Your Tri Shutter card is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS - GF!!!

Glad you took the plunsh, because the outcome is really amazing!!!

ChristineCreations said...

GASP! Gorgeous Tosh! Such a fabulous color palette...each section is framed so nice, and wonderful embellies too!

Rose Ann said...

This is pure gorgeousness, Tosh!! From the papers, to the stamps you've used....incredibly beautiful!! Wow!!

Yvonne Jackson said...

Absolutely Stunning Tosh, way to go!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Did you hear me GASP just now??? Wowzers, girlfriend, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW. This is so stunning, I don't think there are words!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh... Tosh!! This is exquisite!! Thanks for the tutorial link.. I'm so going to give this a try. I think this is one that even I can follow! lol!

Tanya S said...

Wow this is beyond Beautiful! I might just try this,although i'm quite sure mine may not turn out as well as this!

BPB said...

Amazing !!!!

BPB said...

Amazing !!!!

dpkennedy said...

WOW! Oh Tosh, this is truly stunning!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh my, so elegant, classy, vintage, gorgeous....all mixed into one! You are da-bomb!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs