Sunday, May 24, 2009

8th Grade Graduation...

My nephew graduated from 8th grade last night. So I needed to make him a graduation card. I liked the this Old World dp (Kaisercraft) with compasses because the compass represents direction and heading into High School is a whole new direction for a 13 year old.

Very easy card. I'd say *clean and simple*, but it's very dirty with all the Walnut Stain ink distressing. *grin* The sentiment is from the Stampin' UP! set Congrats.

Have an super duper week!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Congrats (SU)
Paper - Old World (Kaisercraft), Blush Red Dark, Suede Brown Dark, Neenah Natural White
Ink - Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Chocolate Candy Dots (Pebbles, Inc.), Buttons (SU and PTI), Ivory embroidery thread, Distress Tool

13 comments:

Gabriela said...

Tosha, I love love love this graduation card. I adore your use of the little banner with the sentiment and the DP is fantastic, but its the distressing that I adore. Thank you for the inpiration! I need to made several graduation cards myself, and one for my sister who just got her PhD, her son who got his Master's, her other duaghter who got her Bachelor's, a nephew graduating from high school, and my youngest sister who just got her second Master's. As you can see, we're busy with graduations to one "degree" or another.

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a handsome graduation design! Love the mellow colors, and your fabulous sponged touches! So often I feel my sponging looks "dirty," but yours is always so consistent and right that it looks like it was always meant to be there!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

OK Tosh...WOW is all I can think of right now! As you know, I normally talk...a lot....but this really has left me speechless! I ADORE your card! You are the QUEEN of distressing! :-)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow card for sure Tosh, love it.

StampOwl said...

fabulous Tosh

Unknown said...

Now why in the heck can't I make gorgeous cards like that??? Beautiful distressing, and I would have never though to use that dp. You amaze me, my friend! GREAT graduation card, and SO creative!

Carol L said...

The way you distressed this card is incredible and stunning - I love it and so will your nephew!!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so beautiful, Tosh!! What a perfect BG for a graduate!

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous masculine card ... perfection!

Joanne (jojot) said...

it is your 'dirty'ness that me love.....lol

gorgeous masculine card and so packed with meaning

Rose Ann said...

This is perfectly distressed, and so appropriate for the occasion!! Fabulous "dirty" CAS card, Tosh!! *wink*

Silke Ledlow said...

Tosh this is a awesome Graduation card!!! Love it!!!

ChristineCreations said...

So masculine! So beautifully distressed! A very old world feel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs