Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Encouragement with JustRite


A dear friend of mine is having a very rough time right now with her health. So I decided to make some encouraging magnets for her to put on her refrigerator. Not only will they remind her that God is there for her, but also that I'm praying for her.

JustRite has some wonderful new products. I LOVE this new Tiny Words and Centers set. It has quite a variety of sentiments. I just stamped the *Have Faith* sentiment on my favorite dp Bella Bella (My Mind's Eye), and framed it with the Blossom Nestabilities Shape (Spellbinders). I then layered that onto the Labels IV Nestabilities (Spellbinders), added some ivory satin ribbon (SU), some pearls (Kaisercraft), and a Mini Multicolored Rhinestone (ZVA) to the little square on the front.

Here are the magnets I included inside. If you'd like a closer view, just click on the photo.
Each magnet was cut with the Labels IV Nestabilities shape (Spellbinders), and was coated with Detail Clear ep (JudiKins). Two also have Mini Multicolored Rhinestones added. Here's a close up of one of the magnets. The stamped rose in the background is from the Basicgrey stamp set Porcelain Avery. The verses are all computer generated.

When I ran the magnet through the cuttlebug with the Labels IV diecut (Spellbinders), it didn't cut completely through. But it was easy to follow with a scissors.

Supplies:
Stamps - Tiny Words and Centers (JustRite)
Paper - BellaBella (My Mind's Eye), Island Mist Dark (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Cuttlebug, Labels IV and Blossom (Nestabilities), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Ivory Satin Ribbon (Stampin' UP!), Mini Multicolored Rhinestones (Zva), Dimensional Tape, Tin Box

Now for my second JustRite project for today. It's quite simple actually. Very easy to make.

The template is shown below. The Image is from one of the new JustRite sets called Girl Time Borders and Centers. I thought this *Shopping* sentiment was perfect for a gift card holder, and I wanted to make it a different shape other than a circle. So I used the Octagon Nestabilities shape instead. The pink paper, Artsy-licious, by Chatterbox has flocked swirls. Love the texture!! I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Simply Smooth cs (Prism), and colored the top of the shoes with my stardust Gellyroll pen (Sakura). I framed the sentiment with Mini Multicolored Rhinestones (Zva)...LOVE these little guys!! Michelle just started carrying them in her Stamper's Dream store, and they are so inexpensive!! 400 gems for $2.49. It doesn't get much better that!! *grin*

Now, my corners were made with the Provencial decorative scissors (Fiskars), and the corner Black Rhinestones are by Kaisercraft. I believe the ribbon is May Arts. I just had it in my stash.

Here's the inside of the Gift Card Holder:



Here's the template I made for the Gift Card base. I just scored at each measurement with my Scor-Pal.


Supplies:
Stamps - Girl Time Borders and Centers set (JustRite)
Paper - Arsy-Liscious (Chatterbox), Black and Simply Smooth (Prism)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories - Octagon Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Provencial decorative scissors (Fiskars), Rhinestones (Zva and Kaisercraft), Ribon, Scor-Pal, Dimensional Tape


Sorry for the long post. Hope you're having a fabulous week.
Check back often. I have projects lined up for the next 3 days.
Happy Stamping!!!
Tosh

19 comments:

StampOwl said...

beautiful projects Tosh

Denise Marzec said...

Oh the colors on that tin are GORGEOUS!...love that butterfly/faith stamp. The outline of bling on the diva card is PERFECT...love the look of that!!

Julia Aston said...

I LOVE your prayer tin Tosh! the nesties 4 are a wonderful shape for these - and the soft stamping behind the verses is just lovely!

and your gift card design is so fun - thanks for sharing the deets!

Unknown said...

OH Tosh, I LOVE both projects!!! The tin with those adorable magnets is such a fabulous idea. Your friend will surely appreciate receiving that. I know I would!

LOVE the gift card holder, the colors, and the fancy design. The main image is so cute, especially cut with the Octagon Nestabilities! I will be CASING this design, for sure! :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous projects - Tosh!!! I so love your attention to details :)!!!! Your friend is gonna love this for sure!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOWEE!!! Gorgegous projects, Tosha!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your Faith tin is so gorgeous, Tosh!! I love the Nesties shapes you've used, and the verses are so inspiring!!

Your gift card holder is so beautiful and clever as well!!

Fabulous projects!!

Carolyn King said...

What a stunning tin! BEautiful and I am sure your friend will be touched.

Love your gift card holder too!!! Beautifully designed!!! Gorgeous!

(ok...I SEE you have been busy *giggle!)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What gorgeous projects, Tosh! I adore the prayer tin and the gift card holder is just awesome!

Gabriela said...

Tosh, what a truly heartfelt and inspirational gift! Honestly, you must think of everything! This little tin with the three magnets is certainly going to be an excellent form of reassurance as your GF overcomes her health challenges. What a lovely way to demonstrate your friendship and solidarity! You're a good friend to many.

Susan (rainy) said...

Holy Smokes!! Tosh both of your projects are fabulous! I love the magnet idea. I would have never thought of running it through my CB to cut it.

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh these are wonderful, how thoughtful of you. Hugs Cindy

Lenoria said...

These are both beautiful! I love the magnet idea and to have these in such a beautiful little tin which could even sit on a bedside table to see or touch when you need a little encouragement!

Joanne (jojot) said...

gosh darn....I wrote a long comment and it didn't post.....bummer

anyhoo....fab magnet set....meaningful and lovely

fab template/fab gift card

(this was the shortened version....lol)

Mothermark said...

Wow, what fun these are! And what a wonderful thing that you friend will receive these! They will be so encouraging to her! I love both these Tosh....very nicely done..Gorgeous in fact!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, both are gorgeous!! The gift tin is magnificent!!

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are gorgeous!!!

BPB said...

SUPER
Salute, Lengow

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You are so talented and thoughtful. What a beautiful gift idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs