Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sweet Peas

I LOVE flowers. Real life and stamps!! When I saw this Sweet Peas image by Flourish, I was in love. Michelle kept selling out of them at Stamper's Dream, though, so I never got a chance to use it until now. If you like this image you might want to get it very soon though, because they sell quickly. She'll also have the new Flourishes releases available on Friday. So stop by the store!!

The Sweet Peas were stamped with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Neenah Natural White and were colored with copics. I stamped the Sweet Pea sentiment with Smokey Gray (Versafine), and ink distressed all the edges with Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink).

edit to add: I was asked what copics I used...well, here's the list:
BV13 - Hydrangea Blue
B63 - Light Hydrangea
B60 - Pale Blue Gray

G99 - Olive
YG63 - Pea Green
G21 - Lime Green

I highlighted with W1 - Warm Gray

It's almost Friday!! Happy Dance!!
Happy Stamping my friends!!
Tosh

Supplies:
Stamps - Sweet Peas (Flourishes)
Paper - Provence (Memory Box), Mystic Medium, Neenah Natural White
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Smokey Gray (Versafine), Old Paper (Ranger Distress)
Accessories - Long Rectangle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Copics, Button (Basicgrey), Dew Drops, Sewing Machine, Spring Moss Grosgrain and Luxe Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Ivory embroidery thread

21 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

What a beauty! You do such lovely work and I too, appreciate real life looking flowers.

Joanne (jojot) said...

In your signature style, the colors, the design, the dp, the layers, are soft and soooooo lovely

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job with that set Tosh, gorgeous.

Gabriela said...

Oh my word. Would you look at all those delicious layers? And how about that impecable sewing? Or that precious image? And the sentiment - did you check out that sentiment? My goodness this is beautiful! It looks like a lot of time and care went into this card and it shows like winner! You get a blue ribbon for this one. They give out blue ribbons for farm animals and pies too, don't they?

Kelli said...

Wow, I love this card!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous as always Tosh

Dawn Easton said...

Tosh, this is GORGEOUS! Love all the beautiful designer paper and your beautifully coloured image!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Tosh, this is breathtaking! Love those papers and all the pretty stitching. AWESOME layout too, girl. :)

ChristineCreations said...

Oh gorgeous Tosh - I love what you've done with the Sweet Pea! What a great layered card too!

Unknown said...

You've done it yet AGAIN! AWESOME card...simply AWESOME! I love your layout, those gorgeous colors, the impecable stitching...all of it. Such amazing attention to detail...always! You totally blow me away with your talent!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! This is a WOW card! Every detail is just WOW! I would love to know the copic colors you used....hint, hint.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That's really lovely. I like the color of the flowers is subtle, but is also the brightest on the card.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Hot DANG, girl! This is gooooorgeous!!! The sewing, designer papers, layout, colors, COLORING...AMAZING! You are such a rock star!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just gorgeous! I love flowers too, and this looks like a great set! Love your coloring here!

Rose Ann said...

Your sweet peas are just gorgeous, Tosh...and I love those pretty papers and your layout!! Beautiful!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Bee-u-tiful Tosh! I love all the lovely layers & beautiful stamp image! Stunning!

hugz,
Suzanne

Silke Ledlow said...

Another beauty!!! Love the layout and how you colored the Sweet Peas flower!!!

conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, lovely coloring, great papers and layout!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Man, oh, man have you got the talent! This is breathtakingly gorgeous, Tosh, and I LOVE the sketch design!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Dang, this is beautiful!!! What a fantastic combination of colors, papers, and details! I haven't seen this paper collection before, but will have to check it out!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Sigh...I think I'm in love...Okay, now I need to come and take some sewing lessons from you ;P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs