Thursday, March 31, 2011

What? No Buttons or Bows?




It's time for another CCEE Challenge, and this week Joanne is challenging us to avoid using Buttons, Bows, Buckles and Brads. Now, to my way of thinking, that's just plain cruel and mean spirited. Takin' away a girls favorite embellishments? *sigh* (seriously, Joanne is the sweetest, but I have to give her a hard time for making me stretch like this...lol) I love ribbon, and I love buttons.....so, I had to take drastic measures and........yep........I made a CAS card. Truly CAS!! I got me some new toys the other day in the form of Embossing folders, and they couldn't have come at a better time. I just embossed the white panel, stamped the "Springy" sentiment from the Verve set Egg-Stra Special, and added a pieced Vervy butterfly that comes in that same Verve set. Lastly, I added some Stardust Stickles and a Kaisercraft Rhinestone. A girl's gotta add a bit of sparkle to a Spring card right?

So, I've met today's challenge. How about you? Ya think you can avoid using Buttons, Bows, Buckles and Brads? I'd love to see what you come up with. Head on over to the CCEE Blog to see some more samples, and to learn how you can join us this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Happy Stamping my friends!!
Tosh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps: Egg-Stra Special (Verve)
Paper: PTI
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Flourish, Dots Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Stardust Stickles, Rhinestone (Kaisercraft)

20 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

This doesn't need button or bows, it's absolutely delightful just the way it is!

Lori Craig said...

This is absolutely sweet! Love this, Tosh. Loved this entire Verve release! :) I see some casing in my future!

Luanne said...

Simply wonderful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Tosh.....you did just fine without the 'b' embellies...what a fabulous CAS creation....you never fail to amaze me

Unknown said...

Tosh this is wonderful even without the extras. I love that embossing folder. Who is it by?

Regina

Marisa said...

Fabulous CAS card!! Love that butterfly and the embossing along the bottom.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Clean and pretty, my friend!!! You rose to the challenge well.

StampOwl said...

glad to see you survived without using bows and buttons hehe ... fab card!

Gabriela said...

Tosh - I think you nailed this CAS challenge beautifully. Did you use one embossing folder or a combination of two? I adore your embossing -it's so special.

Monique said...

What a pretty spring card... I love your embossing ... CAS..Love this.. You have a very inspirational blog and I love your craft space,,, I am your newest follower :)

Bonnie Weiss said...

Perfect take on the challenge, Tosh...your card is fresh just like Spring.

Diane Jaquay said...

I love all of your cards Tosh, but this CAS design is like a breath of fresh air on a beautiful Spring day, LOVE it!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - a wonderful CAS design Tosh - I don't think I've EVER seen such a card on your blog before LOL!!! I'm SO proud of you for creating this beauty!!

Susan said...

Love your card! TFS.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Buttons, bows or not...this card is wonderful. The clean and simple design really drives home the point that less is more. Fantastic creation.

Mariana Grigsby said...

This is such a pretty card! I love all that white space as well as the subtle embossed background!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply darling Tosha! Love the embossed background and sweet little butterfly!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Clean and simple at it's very finest! Love how you used the teeny tiny butterfly with all that white space. So cool!

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute! Love that embossed panel. No need for any extras when you can make it this special without it. I love it, Tosh!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a sweet spring themed card. I love the embossing and the CAS look. Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs