Monday, April 4, 2011

Baskets Full of Blessings and Exciting News!!

It's the beginning of a brand new week, the first full week of April, and I have some exciting news to share.

I've admired the Waltzingmouse Stamps since the very first time I saw Claire's images. Her style is so elegant with a hint of whimsy, and I swoon with every new release. Well, now I have the distinct privilege of joining her fabulously creative design team. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Claire is one of the sweetest, and her DT not only has mad stamping skills, but they are a warm and kind bunch for sure.

So, without further ado, let me get to my very first card as a Waltzingmouse DT member.

Claire has recently decided not to release images every month, but instead she is having a "Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP), the month after a new release, so the DT can share even more creative ideas with the most recently released images. You really should check out what the WMS DT has been sharing the last three days with the sets: Back in the Saddle, Way Out West, Bitty Banners, Very Vintage Labels 18, & Vintage Banners. Talk about creative inspiration!! WOW!!

Well, on the 4th day of the parade, a previously released set will be showcased. This month, it's the Spring Baskets set. I adore the elegant baskets and the gorgeous sentiments. I chose to put the little eggs in the basket, color them with Copics, and add a bit of sparkle with my Quickie Glue Pen and ultrafine glitter.

Here's a close up so you can see the sparkle.
Can you see the flower chain in the background? I thought it would be fun to give the white bg a faux embossed look by punching out a few of the Flower Chains (EK Success Punch) and gluing them at an angle. I then added a tiny I-ROC crystal to each center.


(Click on the photo to see the sparkle)

I framed the sentiment with one of the Fancy Tags by Spellbinders, and added a felt heart (also cut with a Spellbinders die), and a sweet little rhinestone on the side.


That about sums up my card. Now comes the fun part. You have an opportunity to play along in a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) competition. Select a card or project, from any of the Designer's Blogs, that has been posted over SOAP's week, and CASE it using Waltzingmouse images. Then go to Claire's blog and use InLinkz to link your project. You have one week. The competition will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on April 10th, which is 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time. The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on April 11th, and will be featured on several of the Design Teams blogs.

Below is a list of the parade participants.


If you've come here from Sarah's Blog, you've now completed the parade since I'm the caboose. I hope you've enjoyed all the inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Happy Stamping!!

32 comments:

Gabby said...

Very nice card! The coloring on your basket is great. I like the background and the sparkly eggs are sweet. :)

Helen L said...

Congrats on joining the design team!!!! I love your card, especially the punched flower background: I have never thought of that before, but will certainly try it now!! (What part of Calif are you in? I'm in Healdsburg.)

Helen L said...

I opened access to you to my e'mail on this post. :-)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Tosha - this is stunning. All those beautifully adorned flowers! Lovely design.

I'm so happy that you have joined us on the WMS team...WELCOME!

Sarah Martina said...

Yay, Tosh! What a pretty card, and welcome to the team! :)

snowbear said...

Welcome Tosha! Very sweet Easter card.. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your future creations!!

Julia Aston said...

A big welcome to the WMS DT Tosh! love this long tall Easter Card with that pretty punched bg and shimmery eggs! So clean and fresh!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card as always, and big congrats!! :D

Bonnie said...

Big congrats Tosha!! and welcome to our team - you will absolutely LOVe it - Claire is the bestest ever!! and your card is stunning - I can see all that beautiful gorgeous sparkle!!

Maureen said...

oh, wow!! Woot, woot!! Congratulations!! I love WMS too and they have an incredible design team...no wonder they scooped you up!!! Enjoy and I'll be seeing more of you over there...I love to peek in each week :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Welcome to the WM DT Tosh! This card is so pretty! Love the soft colors and beautiful background!

Marisa said...

Yahoo!! Congrats on the DT :) You will be a great addition! Loving all that embossed white the the touch of colour on your card. Look forward to seeing what you create for WMS :)

Jami said...

Congrats on your new gig! I think WMS is a great fit for you :) Your card is adorable and if I can squeeze in some time I just might CASE it.

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats Tosha! Love your elegant looking card and look forward to seeing more!!

Niki Estes said...

What a pretty card, Tosh! I'm excited to get to work with you!

Gabriela said...

Tosh,

I adore that daisy chain and your sparkly Easter eggs are adorable. Huge congratulations on the new gig! That's wonderful. I'm sure you will be quite an asset to the talented team.

Kelly S. said...

Oh beautiful embossing, Tosha! So excited to see that you joined WMS...can't wait to see all of your wonderful creations featuring WMS stamps!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! Congrats!! Your card is just darling. LOVE that basket of eggs!! Hugs to you.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Congrats, gf......now that you are uber-famous....don't forget those of us who knew you when.....lol.....I am not surprised that WM grabbed you...YOU are so talented and do such beautiful work.....FABULOUS

Anonymous said...

The punched flower chain background is so elegant! Your basket and eggs are beautifully colored. I am excited to be on the team with you!

LaurieJ said...

Congratulations on joining the WMS DT! What wonderful news. I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations. You're inspiring already with your lovely card today! Love the sparkle. And that little bit of twine tied around the ribbon is the perfect touch.

nise said...

That flower chain background is incredible!! Looks like lacey paper to me and I LOVE it! Wonderful card and congratulations on making the Waltzingmouse DT.

Susan Hogan said...

Congratulations on joining the DT at WMS. Your card is lovely - I do like the idea of the punched flowers as a textured background. The image is so sweetly coloured as well.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making the DT! Your work is wonderful and this card proves it. My how gorgeous!

Cassie_lu said...

love the background you created on this long card

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS NEWS Tosh! How cool..CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW DT GIG!!! Your card is as always just fabulous! Love the long note design and the flower chain is the BOMB!!! Hugs ~S~

Deborah Frings said...

This is such an elegant card. And many congratulations on becoming a WMS DT member! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Congratulations Tosh! I love WMS, so adorable, I can't wait to see what you do with them. They were very smart to grab you up! An adorable Easter card!

Leslie Miller said...

Congratulations! They must be pretty excited to have you. Adorable card with all the white. Love what you did with your punched background!

anya said...

So glad you've joined the team, Tosh! I love this card - the longer layout is perfect for the amazing background you created! I just love the look of this! So glad to be working with you!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautifully done Tosha! And congrats on joining this wonderful team! It doesn't get any better than WMS!!!

Cyndie said...

What a sweet Easter card! I love the background and the touches of bling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs