Sunday, April 17, 2011

An Easter Waltz

Welcome to the friends of Waltzingmouse blog Waltz. On the 17th of each month everyone is invited to join in on the fun!! The theme this month is Easter. For more information, head on over to the Waltzingmouse Forum, and check out how you can win a Waltzingmouse stamp set of your choice.

Our Easter Break has officially begun, and what a way to start off vacation!! A Waltz with Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I decided I wanted a cross as my focal point. So, first, I made a background by stamping one of the banners from the Waltzingmouse Vintage Banners set with Papaya Cream Pigment ink (ColorBox). I love the softness of this image and how the top of the banner looks like a ribbon going down the side when interlocking each banner. For the cross, I used a variety of Spellbinders dies: Fancy Tags 2, Parisian Motifs, and the Cross Collection. They're layered with Dimensional tape with a lot sparkle added. Unfortunately my photography skills are lacking. So click on the photos to see it better. :)



The sentiment at the top is from the WMS Spring Baskets set, and is framed with a Spellbinders Ribbon Banner.



That's it for me. :)
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous week!!
Happy Stamping my friends!!




Stamps: Vintage Banners, Spring Baskets (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Papaya Cream (ColorBox)
Accessories: Ribbon Banners, Fancy Tags 2, Parisian Motifs, and the Cross Collection (Spellbinders), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Scor-Pal, Satin Ribbon and Button (PTI), Silver Cord (May Arts), Rhinestones (I-Roc), Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Glitter, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

38 comments:

Heather said...

So beautiful, love the colour combo.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a delicate, beautiful Easter Card! Great design + Love your choice of colors too!
Happy Easter! /Karin

Maya said...

Such a wonderful card!
Love the colors and all the fab details!!
Hugs from Maya

Antje said...

Love your pastel colour combo and the variation of Spellbinders. Great!
Happy Easter!

Inkyfingers said...

Gosh this is so pretty and detailed. I love all the embossing and the dimension you have created.
Happy Easter
Hugs
Carol x

Cyndie said...

Oh, wow! This is just stunning! I love that beautiful background you made with pennant stamps--what a cool idea!

Trish said...

So pretty! Love it x

Lee said...

Wow, wow, wow. Really beautiful. I love how the cross is the focal point. That is what Easter is all about.

Julia Aston said...

This is just lovely Tosh! Great use of the banner stamp and the colors are wonderful! love the die cut cross and framing!

Carla Murphy said...

OMGosh Tosha this is just beautiful. That MS border punch really adds a lot of "pretty"! Love your design. (Now I'm off to Michael's to get border punch......... lol)

Carly said...

Incredibly stunning! I just love everything about it!

Simply Shaz said...

Oh Wow! This card is just so so pretty! I really love this :)
Shaz x

Kelly S. said...

Oh my word, Tosha, that card is a work of art! The color scheme is beautiful for spring and that detailed cross is stunning. I absolutely love how you stamped those banners for the background, aligned just right...stamping perfection!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Beautiful card. Love the detail and the color scheme. One of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous punched border and card, Tosh!

Bumblebee said...

Love the use of the banners as a background. Great card.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Tosh! Love how you stamped the BG and the ornate border looks fabulous! So elegant!

Joanne Gilch said...

Oh My! Tosh, this is spectacular! All the die cuts and Papaya Cream make for a stunning creation.

Cassie_lu said...

your card looks amazing with the background you created.

Crafty Math Chick said...

WOW! This looks spectacular Tosha! SO elegant! I love all the layering and fancy edges.

Linda Carson said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! Your design & attention to detail is always picture perfect!

Unknown said...

Pretty!!Pretty!!Pretty!! what an awesome background you created with the banners!! terrific - sure to be cased!!! This is one stunning card!! Hugs!!

IamDerby said...

Wow this is a stunner.

snowbear said...

This is a very beautiful inspirational card!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that you made the cross your focal point! And the color of the pennants is gorgeous! Love it!

LaurieJ said...

Absolutely beautiful card. So much detail! I love how you created the background.

Helen L said...

WOW! That is an amazing card!! I love the background made of the banners (clever girl!) I have two questions for you: what is the name of that particular border punch (it's amazing: looks celtic), and what part of Calif are you in? I'm in Healdsburg: if you weren't too far away it might be fun to meet up and stamp together some day. My stamping buddies moved away 5 years ago, and stamping isn't half as fun without friends!!

~ Jo ~ said...

This card is beautiful Tosh!!! I love the cross as the focal point and I love the colors!

Bonnie Weiss said...

OM Tosh ... what a beautiful card. It's another one that could be framed and enjoyed as wall art.

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh my goodness, Tosh...this is just spectacular! The way you've designed this card is eye candy at every turn~ The colors are gorgeous, the focal piece is AAAH-MAZING and the banners are perfect! You are one TALENTED cookie!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So beautiful Tosh, I love the soft salman! Beautifully done girl!

Luanne said...

Just gorgeous! What a fabulous edge! Hooray! Easter is this weekend! Hope yours is blessed!

Unknown said...

The colours are stunnin! And what a great idea to use the vintage banners for the background

rudlis said...

your card is just gorgeous, as always.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Bonnie said...

Fabulous Tosha and what wonderful colours you have used - just stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

What gorgeous colors, design, and fancy detail! Wow!

Conniecrafter said...

Stunnningly beautiful, love the layering and lovely border!

Stamp like you mean it said...

Oh...my...word Sistah! Nothing short of amazing! Your heart is all over this. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs