Sunday, March 13, 2011

Get Your Diva On for March!

Last month Charmaine kicked off a new Verve challenge in the Verve Forum. It's called "Get Your Diva On. Each month one of the divas will host a week long challenge of their choice. And there's a super prize too. So click HERE to read about all the details.

I decided to do a color challenge. Since we're all looking forward to Spring's arrival, and the disappearance of all the bare trees, and dead grass, I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with nature and go "au naturale". Use all natural colors: brown, gray, black, white, ivory, and just a splash of color...kind of like the flowers poking through, the trees budding, etc.

For my card, I used browns, ivory and a smokey gray with a hint of teal. I used the flower and the leaves from the Verve set Great Friend, and the Plain Jane Verse Psalm 46:1. The leaves were stamped onto the kraft with Pumice Stone Ranger Distress Ink after being stamped off once.

That's it for my card. Now I'd love to see your ideas with these colors. Please stop by the Verve Forum to check out the samples made by some of the divas, and to see how you can participate!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh


Stamps: Great Friend, Psalm 46:1
Paper: Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, kraft (PTI), Melody (Prima)
Ink: Smokey Gray (Versafine), Pumice Stone (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Labels 3 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Ribbon (Maya Road and SU!), Brad (JoAnn), Pearls (Zva Creative)

11 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful card Tosh! I love the natural look with a splash of color

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Tosha.. I love these colors together. Your flower just pops right off the card. Great job.

Luanne said...

What a pretty card! I love the soft colors, and aqua is my favorite! I need to get some of that Pumice Stone distress ink, it looks so nice on your projects. TFS!

Marisa said...

There is that gorgeous flower again :) Love the pleated ribbon and colour combo. Can't wait to play along.

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card!

Hugs Corine

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are YOUR colors, my friend...so rich, warm and tranquil....AND GORGEOUS

Heather Rogers said...

Love the pretty metal brad on your darling flower. :)

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

A beautiful card with a beatiful text Tosh.
I like the flower.
Gr. Marja

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous GF..love the big flower and the colors rock! Hugs ~S~

America said...

BEAUTIFUL work GF!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love this, Tosh! You had me at aqua and brown, then went over the top with that way cool brad and the ruffled ribbon! Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs