Saturday, March 19, 2011

Loopy Flower Tutorial

For Sarah's Celebration blog Hop, scroll down, or click HERE.

I've had some requests for a tutorial on how to make the flower found HERE. It's really easy, and only involves a few steps. However, sewing is involved.

I started with a 1 1/2" circle and 3 strips of felt: width: 2", 1 1/2", and 1" (the length is up to you depending on how large a flower you want to make. The top two are about 9", but you won't use the whole length of each.


Fold them all in half and sew as close to the edge as you can.


Cut 1/4" or 1/8" strips along the whole length. Don't go past the stitches though.


Glue along the outside edge of the circle, cut off excess, and attach the excess on the inside again forming two layers of loops. (I use hot glue.)


Continue by attaching the next size strip, and then the smallest size in the center.


Glue an embellishment to the center. This time I used a Pearl.

It's quite easy and can be made in a very short amount of time. I used felt from Prairie Point Junction, and the pearl is from Prima.

Hope this was clear enough. If you make some of these, send me the links. I'd love to see your creations.

Happy stamping!!
Tosh

24 comments:

Cheryl said...

THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is one bloomin' idea! Seeing it on a gradiated board makes proportions sensible. Well done.
Keep Looking UP!

vilivine said...

o thank you for sharing!!

Alina said...

Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous flower! I will try it some time!

Marisa said...

Thanks for the tute, Tosh :)

Gabriela said...

Oh my word - what a delightful tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing it. Your felt flower is amazing and so well made. I just love it.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...what a great flower and your tutorial is wonderful...I'm going to have to try one of these. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Just when I think that there can't be any more new ways of making flowers, you add another to the list. Thanks so much, Tosh ... this one is a beauty and I can't wait to get out and get some felt and try some of these. Thanks once again for sharing and doing a tutorial.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Thanks for the great step-outs. Love your flower and I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This flower is beautiful. Thank you for this tutorial. I've to give it a try one day.

kksb said...

Tosha, thank you for responding and providing a tutorial. You are very kind.

Arlene said...

Awesome tutorial! Can't wait to give this a go. Thanks for sharing Tosha! :-)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Here's one that I made using paper. Thanks so much Tosh, I will continue experimenting with this great method! Have a beautiful day!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Silly me...
here's the link
http://botanicalcafe.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicklet-easter-wishes.html

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Tosh. These are amazing. My eyes kind of glazed over when I realized you had to sew, but it looks easy enough that even my limited sewing abilities could do it! You rock!

Conniecrafter said...

that is such a cute flower, thanks so much for sharing!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love it!! TFS!

Rose Ann said...

Oh...what a beautiful flower!! Thanks for the great tutorial, Tosh!! I must try one soon!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow thank you for sharing this.
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh love this technique! Somehow I scrolled right on by this the first time you posted it. Thanks for linking it today. I really want to try this!!

renee said...

thanks so much for sharing this technique and your art!

Andrea M said...

Holy cow, this is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

patti west said...

I love this flower so much and appreciate your tutorial!! Thanks again, patti west :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing,i love the flower,i have made 2 so far, & I love the way they came out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs