Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Diva Dare for March

Hello everyone!! I can't believe we're mid-week already. There's so much going on, I'm having to check my notes and calendar regularly to make sure I don't forget anything.

I made this card today for the March Diva Dare going on over on the Verve Blog. I'm Day 3, so if you haven't visited there yet, be sure to go check out Laurie's and Sankari's projects. They're fabulous!! The dare this month is titled "Color me Spring", and if you decide to take the dare, you could just be the lucky winner of some Vervaliscious goodies!! So be sure to check out all the details over on the Verve Blog.

Spring is one of my favorite seasons. Not too hot, and color everywhere!! When I think spring, I think of flowers, birds, butterflies, and new life. So, I made a wedding card (new life together) with flowers and butterflies. And since I was thinking about all things new, I thought I'd try a new technique. Now, I've made easel cards before, but never a Circle Easel. So this was fun!

I'm a die and punch-a-holic, so while designing this card, I knew I was going to use the new A Cut Above dies. Julee thinks of everything when she designs. I LOVE how each die in the Charming Oval and Charming Banner dies works with each other. I have a perfect mat around each shape (no more cutting...ye-haw!!), and the banners fit perfectly inside the ovals. How sweet is that!!! Then there's the sweeeeeeeet Flutterby die!! Love the two sizes of these butterflies too. You can find the large one in the Chicks Rule set, and the smaller one in the Egg-stra Special set. I added a bit of Stardust Stickles to the centers to make these flying beauties pop. And, since I wanted to make this a wedding card I combined images and dies from the newest release with sentiments from a previous release called Love Story. Julee's designs work that way...mixing and matching is not only a breeze, but oh so fun!!

Here's a close up of the smaller Charming Banner Die paired with the Charming Oval Dies, along with the sweet Flutterby image that I cut with the Flutterby die.

And here's a close up of the Charming Oval dies that I included on the inside of the card.



That's it for my Diva Dare project. Be sure to head on over to the Verve Blog to see how you could win some Verve goodies!!

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps: Chicks Rule
, Egg-stra Special, Love Story (Verve)
Paper: Botanical dp (Prima), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Onxy Black and Smokey Gray (Versafine), Old Paper (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Dies: Charming Oval
, Charming Banner and Flutterby (Verve), Standard Circle and Scallop Circle (Spellbinders), Tag and Embossed Circle (Marianne Design Creatables), Flowers and Heart Floral Gems (Wild Orcid Crafts), Pearls (Kaisercraft), Stardust Stickles, Velvet Lace (Prima), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Wired Loopy Ribbon

11 comments:

dj said...

Gorgeous die cuts....the glitter and the pearls really finish it off!!

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous Tosh, love all the softness and pretties!

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! Such detail. You did an amazing job with this beauty. Love the circle card. :)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Awesome. This is breathtaking. Just love all the elements and design.

Corine van der Zee said...

This is so gorgeousssss!!!!! Well done!

Hugs, Corine

Bonnie Weiss said...

Tosh, this is sooo beautiful. It would be nice to place this card in a shadow box and enjoyed as an art piece. Lucky couple who end up receiving this beauty.

Jerri Jimenez said...

I'm positively swooning girl! Oh my, this card is just sooooo gorgeous! I love all the lucious bling on this one!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...wow...wow....

Conniecrafter said...

very stunning, love the circle and the way the flower pops against the softness of the card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

You're such a rockstar, Tosh! This card is out-of-this-world! Absolutely incredible details!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW!! Absolutely stunning, Tosh! Love what you've done for the Diva Dare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs