Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have a CCEE challenge card to share with you today, and since it's St. Patrick's Day, we've been challenged to include green on a critter or person. Well, I chose to make my critter a green butterfly that I made with a Martha Stewart punch.

I used this week's Mojo 182 sketch as my inspiration. The sentiment is a Plain Jane verse Psalm 3:3 by Verve, and the flower was made with the Spellbinders Sunflower Set.

Here's a close up of the butterfly and flower.


I have another card to share with you today also. You see, it's my husband's 50th birthday today, so of course I had to make him a special card. Everything on this card came from the Echo Park kit "For the Record". Notice the green celebrate and button? It is St. Patrick's Day after all. :)

Stamps: Psalm 3:3 (Verve)
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Stella Rose Mabel (MME)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), Black Soot, Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Sunflower Set (Spellbinders), Quickie Glue Pen, Glitter, Seam Binding Ribbon, Button (PTI), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft)

Stamps: None
Paper: Black and White (PTI), For the Record (Echo Park)
Ink: None
Accessories: Echo Park Stickers, Black Burlap String (May Arts), Button (PTI)


That's it for today ya'll!! Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to stop by the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see their green critters!!

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

9 comments:

Alina said...

I love the flower on your first card! Is't so nice!

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card and papers, love the big flower and beautiful ribbon.

Hugs, Corine

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful cards Tosh. I like the sunflowe and butterfliy.
And congratulate with the 50th birthday of your husband.
Have a nice day.
Gr. Marja

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous bloom you have used on your card. I love the use of the seam binding ribbon. So pretty.

The birthday card is cute, too. I like how you noted it to be "a noteworthy 50". How did the black balloons go over? :)

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Tosh, your first card is STUNNING!!! Nobody can make flower like you!

And...a GREAT BIG Happy Birthday to Ed!!!!!! Yay!!! Tell him to eat an extra piece of cake for me!! :-)

Keva said...

Oh goodness..those are gorgeous cards! The paper on the first is a favorite of mine and it looks fabulous with the flower. The hubby b'day card has a great look. I love the black and cream and the pop of green is just right!

Cindy Haffner said...

A real BEAUTY Tosh!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

H B'day to your DH.....at 50 he is a mere babe.....however, I noticedd the vintage quality of his card....are you teasing him a bit about his age????

your CCEE card is gorgeous...so eyecatching

Conniecrafter said...

so love that flower and such pretty colors, very cool card for your hubby too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs