Monday, September 13, 2010

Still seeing white...


It's my daughter's birthday today!! Woo-Hoo!! Since my son was kind enough to challenge me to make a masculine card with balloons last month (here's his card), my daughter thought she should be able to make some demands also. Well, hers were even harder, so we compromised. She loves bright colors. Me, not so much. Scratch that...I LOVE seeing others create with bright colors, by I'm color challenged. Earth tones, monochromatics, etc....Brights? How does one pair brights together? That's a concept that perpetually eludes me. So, I promised to have a bright color on my card. Now, to me, that cupcake SCREAMS bright. I would have loved to do it in soft muted tones, but for her....BRIGHT turquoise and lime green. No soft sky or mint...nope, not for my daughter. Boy, the things we mothers do for our children. I hope they appreciate the sacrifices we make for them while they're growing up. I'm counting on them reciprocating in later years....for sure!!

Anyway, like I promised yesterday, this week is all about white. So, the only color on today's card is the cupcake itself; which is from one of Verve's newest released sets called Carpe Cupcake. It's colored with copics, then covered with sparkly glitter. The bg panel is embossed with the stars and swiss dots Cuttlebug folders, and the framing was made with the new Lacey Circles Nestabilites die by Spellbinders.

Now, look closely at the dots around the frame. I LOVE these babies!! They were made with a new product I got from Eclectic Paperie called Viva Decor Gloss Gel. This is the Opaque White, and it makes perfectly round dots, or pearls if you will. No mountain peaks, that I cannot avoid with the Liquid Pearls. I'm in love with this product!!



White on white is so hard to photograph, so I made the photo a bit darker so you can see the dots a bit better. If you click on the photos, they're even easier to see. (along with flaws of course, so only look at the dots please.....LOL)


That's it for today stampers. Tomorrow is a JustRite Blog Hop that you won't want to miss. JustRite is celebrating Twelve weeks of Christmas by having a blog hop each Wed. until Thanksgiving. Stamper's Dream is participating this week.

So, see ya tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Stamping my friends!!
Tosh

9 comments:

Carolyn King said...

oh this is so much fun Tosh. love that big ole burst of COLOR! yeah baby! Happy bday to your sweet dd!

(ps--boy you must puke when you visit my blog with all the color...grin, jk!)

Andrea Ewen said...

Absolutely stunning! I'm dying to get that Spellbinders circle die and I'm told they're on backorder! After seeing your card, it makes me want it more!
Super burst of bright color; it draws your eye right away and then the rest is soft and delicate. Lovely mix of opposites!

Whimsey said...

Yeah - like you EXPERIENCE flaws? Hmph...don't see any!!

Your card is AMAZING; love all the white & pop of color - beautiful!

Hope your daughter has a great BIRTHDAY!!

Deborah Anton said...

It stinks when that happens!! Happy birthday to your little one!! I LOVE LOVE all the white with a huge pop of color!! Not to mention some sparkles to go along with it!! : )

Gabriela said...

I can't type now - I've been blinded by the bright colors on that birthday cupcake. Next time you plan on blinding me that way, um, er, a little warning please? Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. Have some cake for me please.

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy belated birthday to your daughter...hope she had a fun one!!! Your birthday card is totally cute. Love all the white with the splash of color and sparkle :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Joan Ervin said...

Your little burst of color looks FABO, Tosh...especially surrounded by all that white...what a gorgeous design!!!! The embossed die is gorgeous, too, and I'm lovin all the sparkle!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooo soft and beautiful! LOVE the stars in the background!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

such focus on that cupcake with all that white gorgeousness surrounding it...fabulous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs