Friday, September 3, 2010

Just Plain FUN!!


I am so excited to share this card with you today. You see, I made this card just for pure fun; not for any DT commitments. I've always loved the Waltzingmouse Vinage Labels Frames and even own a few. But, because it takes me an inordinate amount of time to make a card, I rarely have the energy or creative juices left to make more than a few cards a week. Therefore, I stick mainly to my DT obligations.

I also LOVE Verve's Plain Janes and think they fit fabulously in the Vintage Labels Frames. So, being inspired with the Vintage Labels 5 images from Waltzingmouse, and one of my newest toys, the Spellbinders Diamonds Nestabilites dies, I set off to work.

As soon as I saw Spellbinders' new Diamond dies, I knew I wanted to make this bg for a card. I just took three different patterns of the new dreamy Lost dp by My Mind's Eye and diecut about 10 diamonds each with the smallest diamond. I then ink distressed each with Worn Lipstick Ranger Distress Ink and started gluing them with miniscule space between each one.



After I created my background, I stamped the Vintage Labels 5 image onto another pattern of the Lost dp with Brushed Corduroy Ranger Distress Ink and added one of my favorite Verve Plain Jane Sentiments, 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your Cares On Him for He cares for you." I stamped the sentiment with Walnut Stain Ranger Distress Ink.

Finally, I added a Martha Stewart Quilted Edge punched border, a lacy ruffle, some Zva Creative Pearls, some I~Rock crystals, Seam Binding Ribbon, and a Webster's Pages Vintage Sparkler.

The Waltzingmouse image is framed with the Labels 5 and the Curved Rectangle dies and is ink distressed with Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink.

That's it for today folks. If you click on any of the colored words, it will take you to where you can find the products I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a super weekend!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

26 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...Tosh...this is pure gorgeousness. Love every inch of it!!! Hugs ~S~

Kay D said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love how soft and dreamy everything is- I could just stare at this delicious card for hours! I'm SO going to try that diamond background of yours- wow!

Peggy said...

Tosh,
This card is pure timeless, vintage goodness. I love how you made the diamond background and the great stamps you used on the SB dies. We can't forget the lace, punched edges, & pearls. WONDERFUL! God bless.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Girl, this is amazing!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the tedious details!!! Thanks for putting your all into everything you create! I don't get here to comment much, but you're still my hero! Hope all is well!! Blessings! Angie

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing, Tosh. Love what you did with the diamond dies! Gorgeous combination of elements. WOW!!

Melissa said...

Beautimous! Nuff said.

Unknown said...

So gorgeous, Tosh! Love the fab background you created with the diamond dies.. and yay for those "just for fun" stamping moments that don't happen very often!!

ChristineCreations said...

A completely beautiful just for fun card...the diamonds layered like that..the gorgeous seam binding bow, the lace...it's all stunning Tosh!

Tanya said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Love the diamonds. Love the soft vintage look, fabulous border punch. Gorgeous!

Jan Castle said...

Nicely done!!!!
Jan Castle

Carolyn King said...

wow that is a gorgeous background. a labor of love but totally worth every second!!! Amazing gf!

Linda Carson said...

WOW Tosh! Your creativity knows no bounds! Each element adds the perfect touch! Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS girl!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is so incredibly beautiful Tosh, I'm in love with the diamond pattern you've created . . . isn't it so much fun to have no agenda, but to just run with wherever your heart leads you! You've used one of my favorite "much needed" verses. 1 out of 10, I give this card a 20! Hugs, Jerri

Deborah Anton said...

Simply Stunning Tosh!! Beautiful pattern with the diamonds and perfect sentiment with this style!! I love that border punch!! I need to find that one! : ) You have enabled....

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW! This is just AMAZING Tosh, simply AMAZING!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever gorgeous and so very creative, love all that you have done here, the diamond background is terrific and love the layers of lace, great verse also!!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Tosh, this is so GORGEOUS!! The soft colors and the tall shape of it makes it so elegant!
Your cards are always pure perfection girl! Thanks
for sharing your talent!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow--UTTERLY gorgeous Tosh! I LOVE that pieced diamond background...well, I guess that I LOVE everything about this!!!

Unknown said...

this is drop-dead gorgeous, tosh! love those colors....WOW!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my, this is absolute vintage heaven! An extradordinary amount of work with extraordinary results. Absolute beauty!

BPB said...

You are Master of the word. Beautiful card.
Salute

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhhh, love the colors and the layered up lace!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh.. Tosh!! This is gorgeous. The diamond treatment is stunning!

Joanne (jojot) said...

isn't play time the BEST!!!!

however.....I am (once again) in awe...I really can't take in all the detail work on this...and it is pure gorgeousness, my friend

Unknown said...

Perfection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs