Monday, September 6, 2010

God is our refuge and strenth!


I have a friend who's going through some rough times right now, and thought I'd make her a card to lift her up a bit. I knew the exact sentiment I wanted to use too. I tell ya, Verve Plain Janes come in handy often. They always seem to be "just what I needed".

This card has very little stamping. I just inked up the Psalm 46:1 image with Black Onyx Versafine, and stamped it directly on the dp. Now, I have to tell you, I'm in love with "Lost". Not the TV show, but the dp by My Mind's Eye! Glittery fun with yummy colors and patterns.




For this card, I let the paper and the sentiment do most of the work. I just cut out the oval that was already designed into the paper, and cut out the shape with the largest Labels 10 die by Spellbinders. I ink distressed all the edges with Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink, added a Martha Stewart punched border, some flowers ribbon and dew drops, and that's about it. Oh, and I added an EK Success border to the edge of the card also.

I hope those of you in the states are enjoying the Labor Day holiday.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Happy stamping my friends!!
Tosh

17 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautifully soft and elegant, wonderful colors and awesome flower arrangement. Your cards are so girly...love that!

ChristineCreations said...

How gorgeous Tosh...such a beauty with all the textural elements and accents.

BPB said...

B!!!!!!!!!
E!!!!!!!!
A!!!!!!!
U!!!!!!
T!!!!!
I!!!!
F!!!
U!!
L!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tosh! Such a lovely card for your friend!

Tanya S said...

This is just stunning.So very inspiring!!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning! Your friend will treasure it and your encouragement!

Deborah Anton said...

WOWZA!! Look at all those flowers!! Gorgeous girl!

Betty Wright said...

GASP! WOW! WHOA! THUD! Absolutely gorgeous and so exquisitely detailed, Tosh! Stunning creation and wonderful scripture card! WOW!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh FABULOUSLY GORGEOUS!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, like how you offset the oval and your flower arranging and punches are so pretty!

Sarah said...

So beautifully soft and elegant. I love the colors and how you highlighted the verse.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Outrageously GORGEOUS, Tosh! I love the oval frame, the beautiful dp, and, girl, do you know how to arrange flowers or what? Wowzers!

Leslie Miller said...

Your cards are true art for the home, Tosh! I know your friend will love this and display it in a very special spot where she can enjoy it every day. What a beautiful arrangement of flowers!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwwww, that is just so soft and dainty. LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How stunning and elegant Tosh!! GORGEOUS!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this may be YOUR idea of a SIMPLE card...but the rest of us have our jaws on the floor....AWESOME, my friend

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous! Love this verse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs