Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Pirate's Treasure

We interrupt this regularly scheduled "White Week" program for a CCEE Stamper's challenge. Please return the next two days to see the rest of my white creations.

I'm excited to share this sweet little treasure box with you today. Since it's Thursday, once again it's time for another CCEE Stamper's Challenge, and Frances has challenged us to make something with a pirate theme since it's "International Talk like a pirate" day. Well, I don't have anything along that theme, so I thought why not make a treasure chest?

While searching for a treasure chest template, I stumbled upon This Tutorial by Lori McCroskey, owner of Clear Dollar Stamps. Isn't it just precious!?!?! I used all dp, so there's very little stamping on mine. Just the tag. One thing I absolutely adore about Verve is that it has such a variety of sentiments that come in handy often. Such was the case for this little box. I knew once I wanted to add a tag, Verve was what I'd turn too. Sure enough. I found the perfect little sentiment written in the perfect font, from the set Enjoy. I also added some twine handles along the side with some Rain dot eyelet stickers by Cloud 9 Designs. Here's a look at the inside.


I didn't have any candy jewels to use for treasure, but I thought these Lindt Lindor Truffles looked quite rich and yummy!!

That's it for my project today. Be sure to check out the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what pirate themed creations the other gals have come up with.

Stamps: Enjoy (Verve)
Paper: PTI Ivory, Lost and Found (MME)
Ink: Black Onyx Versafine, Vintage Photo Ranger Distress
Accessories: Lori McCroskey's Treasure Chest Template, Buttons (PTI), Scor-Pal, Twine, Rain Dots Eyelets (Cloud 9 Design), Wizard Tag Trio (Spellbinders), Border Punch (EK Success)

16 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is AWESOME! Oh my word...love love LOVE it!

StampOwl said...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! guess ye don't have to walk the plank after all me hearty! I likes ye treasure chest and all that treasure ... maybe I need to come and plunder it! hahaha!

Chris said...

This is one gorgeous treasure chest - love what you did with the original idea...it's wonderful (even with out the yummy chocolates inside!). You are always so inspiring - sorry that I don't stop to comment like I should but you are greatly admired! :)

Holly aka Toy said...

GAH!!! This is amazing!! I want to make on now. I mean RIGHT NOW!! LOL You rocked it, matey!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome, Tosh! Incredible how you can turn something with almost no elegant features (pirates) and turn it into a stunning, classy and down right gorgeous piece of artwork! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Tosh this is GORGEOUS!!!

Gabriela said...

Your treasure box is much too feminine and beautiful to have belonged to a pirate. I'm head over heels over this treasure chest and I thank you for the link to the tutorial. I may just try it. Your little treasure chest is so very beautiful.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

It's so beautiful, Tosh! What a great gift box idea. I'm going to check out the tutorial as I have a terrific sentiment from RN that says "You are a treasured friend."

Unknown said...

Wow! Tosh, this is just gorgeous! Love the treasure chest and yummy Lindt candies!

Linda Carson said...

WOW Tosh! That's some treasure chest!! Great job!

Lisa H. said...

this is one goregous treasure chest! wow!

Kay D said...

This is amazing! I would become a pirate if I could have this chest!

Jen said...

Gorgeous! in fact, i think i need to go make a treasure chest!
Thank you for sharing!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, I love this! That paper is so elegant! What a great little gift!

Carolyn King said...

what a stunning treasure box---like the treasure too!!!

Conniecrafter said...

such a Beautiful presentation for any gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs