Thursday, September 2, 2010

CCEE Bookmark Challenge


Wow!! It's hard to believe September is here already. My son just left for his Junior year of college today, over 1000 miles away. Each year it actually gets harder. At the same time though, he's halfway now. Woot!! Now I just have to get used to my youngest leaving for college next year. *sniff* Sheesh...why do they have to leave the nest? Seriously!!

Okay, enough with the blathering!! Since it's Thursday, it's time for another CCEE Stampers challenge. This month, Frances is in charge of the challenges, and she's celebrating some unique Holidays. Today, it's all about reading, so she challenged us to make bookmarks. Well, I was excited about this challenge because I've been admiring Denise's bookmarks a great deal and have been wanting to try a corner bookmark. The tutorial by Beate can be found at Splitcoaststampers HERE.

To start, I Stamped the Maya Road Bird and Cage images, with Black Onyx Versafine, directly onto Cosmo Crickets Togetherness dp. Aren't those images just the sweetest?

I used a Circle Nestabilities die to frame them, and added one of the newer Spellbinders dies called Lacy Circles.

The sentiment was handmade with Trompe Lowercase and Times Roman JustRite Fonts. Finally, I added some Rhinestones, Silk Ribbon, a button, some lace, and a punched border along the bottom.

That about sums up all the details of this bookmark. You might want to go check out what the other gals have come up with at the CCEE Stampers blog too. Most of us were on the same wavelength....LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a fabulous week!!
Happy stamping my friends!
Tosh

15 comments:

eva said...

Wonderful

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Awwwww! How tweet and pretty, Tosh! Love the little heart on his wing and your bow is beautiful!

Unknown said...

What an awesome combination of elements...from that adorable stamp set, to the Lacey Circles dies and new Cosmo Cricket paper! You and Denise are going to force me to try one of those, ya know! :D

Gabriela said...

What a darling bird and cage. How smart to stamp them onto DP. Your bow is so beautiful with all those fluffy loops. Adorable!

Julia Aston said...

This is just delightful Tosh! I love the colors, the bird, lace, punched edge - what a fun way to mark your page! have a great weekend GF!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh I {adore} this!!!!

Sankari W. said...

HOly Bookmark Batman!!!! This is such an amazing bookmark!!! Seriously Tosh - your skillzzzzz are amazing. I can't believe that your son is a junior - and I totally hear you about the empty nest thing - my son just started kindergarten - and I am already weepy eyed at the thought of him leaving :(
You are so awesome Tosh!!!
Sending you big hugs,
Sankari :)

Sabrina said...

That is so adorable!!

Carolyn King said...

beautifully done! (hugs for you today as i know your heart must be hurting. i am having a hard time with kindergarten and high school :( ) Lots o love girl!

Denise Marzec said...

Eeeeeek! Oh my gosh, thanks for the mention, girlie! :) Love Love LOVE your bookmark with that awesome bow at the top. Sweet as can be!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just LOVE your bookmark...I think it is the lace and the bit of bling that really brings it to a whole new gorgeous level

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute bookmark Tosh!!! Sweet design!!! Hope you hang in there...if you need more kids at your house...how about I send you mine...LOL??? Hugs ~S~

Peggy said...

Love the paper pieced bookmark and saying made w/JR stamps. Very tweet!
God bless.

Conniecrafter said...

My daughter is in her junior year of college too, she wasn't here most of the summer, she found a job on campus so she was only with us 2 weeks out of the summer during her break.
Love all the papers you used here, so sweet, love the gems on the cage too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love this bookmark and your other projects, had to get the feedbiz to deliver your new posts to me and became a follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs