Monday, September 13, 2010

It's a White Week!!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!! Well, I must be, because this weekend I was in a HUGE white space mood. And that is so out of character for me. I tell ya though, I have even more respect for Silke and all the white cards she makes, because inevitably, I'd just about have a card finished, and the ink fairy would leave splotches of un-coordinating ink colors in random places!! Talk about frustrating!!

With that all being said though, I really did have fun making this week's cards, and am happy with the finished product... (inspite of the do-overs due to the ink fairy) Here's the first card of many this week.

I started off By stamping this charming Evergreen, from the Impression Obsession Clear Stamp set Gift of Love, with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, and coloring it with Copics. The edges were ink distressed with Antique Linen Ranger distress Ink.


I added some red glitter to the cardinal with my Quickie Glue Pen, and some magical snow with my Liquid Applique Pen. There's a touch of glitter on the snow too.

Finally, I added some buttons, lace and a sweet sentiment from the set Winter View (IO)

That's it for today's card. Be sure to check back each day this week for my "White Christmas" cards. Well, they're not all Christmas cards, but they all have a LOT of white on them.

Have a super week!!
Happy Stamping!
Tosh

12 comments:

Torico said...

So beautiful and elegant!! I can't wait to see your another "White Christmas" cards! :)

Gabriela said...

This has got to be THE single most beautiful card ever! It's perfect. The color of the burlap sack is wonderful as is it's little shadow.

Linda Carson said...

Quite LOVELY!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Tosh! I love the rich colors you used, and the depth you achieved with you coloring! Absolutely perfect!

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, the *ink fairy* comments cracked me up...I think she visits me WAY TOO much too, lol!

FANTASTIC looking card, gf!

Melissa Sauls said...

Ahhhhh, Love love LOVE this!!! Absolutely delicate in perfect! Hmmm, I just may have to CASE this for my XMas cards...LOVE IT!

Deborah Anton said...

I am the opposite!! I love white spaces!! You did a fab job on it!! Simple and yet a cozy feel!! Awesome!

Holly aka Toy said...

I always *squeal* when I see your cards! The cupcake card is yum!!! The teeny glittery cardinal is precious!

Silke Ledlow said...

Tosh you totally rock white cards!!! This is simply gorgeous and no one can tell that the ink fairy dusted over this beauty...LOL!!! The sponging looks perfect too!!! Thanks for the sweet shout out :)!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tosh...love the sparkle you added to the tree and bird and the row of buttons is beautiful!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute treat, like all the sparkle you brought to it and the buttons with the lace is a great touch!

Auntie Em said...

This card is so sweet! I love your little red glitter bird and the snowy branches. The buttons and lace make it really special.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs