Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mardis Gras 2010


Okay, so there's this football team playing today called the New Orleans Saints. Have ya heard of them? *wink*....anyway....I am so not a football fan. Not even the tiniest bit. But, since my dear friend Michelle (Stamper's Dream) lives in Louisiana, and Mardis Gras is right around the corner, I thought I'd make this fun card so I could avoid all the white noise that encompasses the den when there's a football game going on. *grin*

Isn't this Mardis Gras Martini Glass (Impression Obsession) fun? I LOVE the music notes in the glass. I colored it with Copics and added some bling with my Quickie Glue Pen and Ultrafine Transparent Glitter.

For the bg, I used the new music Cover a Card Backgrounds by Impression Obsession, and the fleur de lis Cuttlebug embossing folder. The borders were made with Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Borderabilities, and an EK Success border punch. The ribbon is May Arts, the button, PTI, and the Rhinestone is Kaisercraft. Finally, the paper I used is Majestic Purple Dark, Black and Simply Smooth Prismatics.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

Gabriela said...

Tosha I love your card 3,445,302,903 times and I despise football (and any other televised sport) ten times more. Fabulous card and marvelous colors.

StampOwl said...

This looks much more fun then watching football hehe

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Tosh!! I just love the colors and the musical note background paired with the purple embossed background. So rich and elegant!
hugs,
Chris

Denise Marzec said...

Hehe, this is so fun!

Cindy O'Donnell said...

This is FABULOUS! Go Saints!

Julia Aston said...

what a great mardis Gras card Tosh! the colors are perfect - love the punched edges and fun stamps!

Unknown said...

Well, I love ya even if you don't like my Saints. They kicked bootie last night, didn't they? That's probably why I didn't see this awesome card until today. LOL!

LOVE the rich Mardi Gras colors and fleur de lis. You definitely captured the feel of the Mardi Gras spirit going on there. Beautifully done, Tosh! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - Tosh - this is so beautiful and what a fun idea!!!

GO SAINTS - WAHOOOOO!!! Hugs ~S~

Rose Ann said...

This is too much fun, Tosh...and I love the beautiful colors and edging!!

SAMARA said...

Tosh...you are the sweetest! Bless you. I know...the comments section on my template has gone crazy unfixable!!! I love this card...your purples are gorgeous. I see you are designing for lots of companies. You are a wanted womyn!!! Cuz your art is awesome!!!! xox

Joan Ervin said...

Fun and Fabulous, Tosh!!!! Such a wonderful stamp and your colors are perfect for the Mardi Gras celebration!!!! I went to a SB party where everyone there was a Colts fan but me....I got the last hurrah!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs