Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In Stitches with JustRite

Hi everyone! Have you enjoyed seeing what the Dream Team has been showing for Stamper's Dream JustRite week? I know I've loved seeing all their creative projects. They never cease to amaze me.

Here's the schedule from Monday til today:
Monday (Today) - Amy, Dawn, Cam, Laurie
Tuesday - Cindy, Denise, Michelle, Me
Wednesday (Today)- Cam, Silke, Michelle, Me

Well, today, I have a simpler card to show you. Yesterdays was pretty involved, so I decided to take it down a few notches.

I couldn't wait to use an image from the new JustRite set Stitched with Love. Each image is super charming!! I paper toled the heart after stamping it with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Simply Smooth Ivory cs and colored it with copics to match the dp. The fun dp is Farm Fresh (October Afternoon), the buttons, PTI, and th border punch, Martha Stewart. I used Ivory Burlap String in the buttons, and my sewing machine to stitch the panels together. Finally, I framed the heart by die cutting the larger circle with a Circle Nestabilities. Leaving the circle in the die, I added a smaller circle but just embossed the two with my cuttlebug. That way I got an embossed frame in the center.

That sums up my card for today.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a fabulous rest of the week!!

24 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Tosh

Teresa Kline said...

Tosh, this is adorable, luv the different dps, the buttons, and of course the image...sooo cute. I hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Julia Aston said...

I love the 'quilt' of DP's and that layered heart with the buttons is so folk artsy! this is so homey and pretty Tosh!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, girlie! LOOOOOVE that Farm Fresh DP and the way you stitched all the different patterns across the card. Beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is fantastic!! I love the patchwork along the bottom! I'm so excited that this set arrived yesterday!!! YIPPEE! Can't wait to get busy with it! You have done a beautiful job showcasing it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE the quilted look you achieved on this card...so perfect for the sewing theme. And your heart is just darling. Great card, my friend!

Carolyn King said...

fabulous.......eeek....need that border now! Love it Tosh!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sweet as can be Tosha!!! Love this card...and your punched border!!! Hugs ~S~

Gabriela said...

Can you keep a secret? I've got a "thing" for Farm Fresh too. Your little patchwork card is off the charts, and I love that punched border. I guess it's no surprise that I'm completely smitten with this card of yours.

Conniecrafter said...

Great fresh look, like the buttons in the heart center, and your shading is perfect!

Sabrina said...

I really like your layout on this, and the so-welcome happy splash of colour.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your mix of colour and pattern and your per-fect stitching!

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Tosh, I love your cards.

Anke

Rose Ann said...

I just love all of your pretty patches of patterned papers, and your layered heart with buttons is so charming!! Love your punched border as well!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure sweetness

Merry said...

I so love the layout of this card and everything else about it.

Christi Flores said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! Pure gorgeousness!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so beautiful Tosh, I just love all the vivid colors!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh my! Seeing all the beautiful creations everyone is making with this set! This is stunning. I am gonna have to get his set. :)

Jerri Kay said...

I love this set! Now it's time to get busy and play with it . . . LOL! A gorgeous design Tosh.

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Tosh! It makes me happy just looking at it!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Oh Tosh, you know...this is probably one of my favorites from you!! You do "simple" like NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!! Your simple cards never look simple!! I just adore the different patterns together and that beautiful punched border really frames it all in!! I truly love it!

Sankari W. said...

Tosh - this is beautiful!!! I LOVE those stitched panels together and you did burlap string in the buttons - good grief that is awesome! I LOVE that tip of how to emboss the frame in the center! Got put that in my creating hat and so I can add a little "Tosh Magic" to my cards! Yes, that is my new term - Tosh Magic! :))) Sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

Anonymous said...

You are among so many talented and generous crafters that share their ideas..I love your Easel Card!
Sue Kennedy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs