Tuesday, February 2, 2010

4 Techniques 1 Image

Have you ever used, what I call, an Image Frame? It's an image that is not perfectly round, square, or oval, and is used to frame a sentiment or scene. Well, I LOVE this new Dandelion Frame by Hero Arts that I got from Stamper's Dream. It's so versatile and creates such a gorgeous background. For this first card, I used a large round sponge dauber to add a variety of Ranger Distress inks to Simply Smooth cs. I started by sponging Mustard Seed all over my 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" panel. I then added the following in the order listed: Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, and Aged Mahogany to the top. Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles and Aged Mahogany to the bottom. Lastly I sponged around all the edges with Black Soot. After I had my colors complete, I embossed the Dandelion image with Detail Black ep and Black Onyx Versafine. The gorgeous oval sentiment is from the JustRite set called Thinking of You.

Don't forget, you can click on the photo for a closer look.

For this next Card, I only used Broken China Ranger Distress ink, with a smidgen of Black Soot around the edges.



I used 3 Distress Inks on this third example: Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick. And instead of embossing in Black, I used Detail White ep and Versamark Ink.



Finally, for my fourth example, I used 3 Dew Drop Inks instead of Distress Inks: Beige Brilliance, Pixie Dust and Malted Mauve VersaMagic. It's definitely the softest of the four, and has a slight sheen to it with the Brilliance ink.

That's it for today ya'll. I hope I've given you some ideas to toss around in your head.
Have a fantastic week!!

Happy Stamping!





Supplies:

Stamps: Dandelion Frame (Hero Arts), Thinking of You (JustRite)
Paper: Simply Smooth, Black, Crabapple Light and Herbal Garden Medium (Prismatics)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine), Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, Broken China, Black Soot (Ranger Distress Inks), Beige (Brilliance), Pixie Dust and Malted Mauve (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Buttons and Ribbon (PTI), Multicolored Mini- Rhinestones (Zva Creative), Corner Punch (Marvy), Border Punches (Martha Stewart and EK Success), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGosh...those are all so gorgeous that it would be impossible to pick a favorite. I love it that you showed so many different ways to use the Hero Arts background stamp!!! There is definitely something there for every taste. Personally, I love them ALL! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers, all so FABULOUS GF!!

Elaine A said...

Tosh -

These are wonderful! I really love when an image can give you different looks. You've really shown us that here. Fantastic job!

Elaine Allen

Deborah Anton said...

Gorgeous Tosh!! The 3rd is my fav but I love orange hues!!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, girl, these are amazing. You showed so many different looks with one set. Awesome!

ChristineCreations said...

What a beautiful way to show off a set Tosh. These are so unique and beautiful - each one of them! Gorgeous effects!

Kellie Fortin said...

Tosh---what a great set of cards--Thanks so much for showing all 4 in one post!! As always they are all absolutely stunning!!! They took my breath away!!

Robin McK said...

They are all beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my, Tosh...they all are stunning!! I love all of your different techniques, colors, and of course the images!! Such fabulous inspiration, girl!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow, girl! All four cards are incredible...and each so different too! You are amazing!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

gorgeous
gorgeous
gorgeous
gorgeous

wow, wow, wow. wowza

diane mcvey said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I LOVE THEM ALL! Can you please email me and tell me how you did the color on the 3rd one? I have all those distress inks, but how do I get them to blend and look like your background? I need help!
You are amazing. Thank you so much for the great cards! dinobomp@aol.com

Carolyn King said...

wow....that is awesome. so many different looks with the same stamps. You rock sister!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow these are just gorgeous, it is amazing how changing the colors can make it look like a totally different card. I saw this stamp in Archivers the other day but wasn't sure, I may have to go back and check it out :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Tosh! These are GORGEOUS! I love how you have used that framed image! It's beautiful! Wow!

Becca Feeken said...

Wow Tosh, these are all stunning!! What a great way to show the versatility of one stamp!
--Hugs Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs