Friday, November 20, 2009

You can't catch me!!!

I think gingerbread men are just super adorable, and I have a SIL who collects them. So when I saw Claire's sweet Gingerbread sets, I knew I had to own them!! The set I used is called Half Baked Gingerbread Joy (Waltzingmouse Stamps), and it's like playing paperdolls stamper style. You can dress these guys in different outfits, and even make gingerbread girls. So, so cute!! Since my SIL has four boys, I made 4 little magnets too, dressing each a different way. But I'll get to that in a bit.

It's the 20th, and that means it's time for another DD/DDA Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. Here are the requirements set up by sweety, Kim Teasdale:

The Challenge: Create a project for any holiday of your choice - even obscure ones

Required Element: Your ornament must hang from something or have a loop of ribbon so that it can hang (ie: from a christmas tree, door, etc)

Restricted Element: None

Keyword: DCHOHO1109 (Dirty Challenge Hanging Out the Holidays with Ornaments 11 09...with a slight Christmas infusion! lol - HOHO...get it? )

I made my ornament with largest Spellbinders' Labels 6 Nestabilities die. There are 3 of them just folded in half and attached together with that darling little gingerbread guy in the center. I glued two of him back to back, so the ornament looks the same when it spins. I used the image that looks like a sheet portion to the bed for a banner at the top, and added the year by hand. Check out the ornaments Claire made with the Season of Love tags!! How CUTE!! That's where I got the idea to fold the Labels 6 shape.

I stamped this little guy with Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress) onto Kraft cs (Prism). His vest was stamped with Cranberry (Adirondack Dye Ink), and the rest of the pieces were stamped with Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress). I then colored in the ric-rac with my White gel Souffle pen. The button is PTI, and he's hanging with Ivory Burlap String.

Click HERE to see this months DD/DDA gallery of ornaments. We'd love it if you added some of your stamped ornaments. Remember to include the keyword: DCHOHO1109
so we can find it.

Now for the magnets:
Aren't these little guys fun?!?!? They're stamped the same as my ornament guy, but I added Glossy Accents to them. Honestly, if I had time to do them all over, I would just add a coat of Clear embossing powder to them instead. I knew better too. The glossy accents made the color run a bit. But I do like the sturdiness of them. I cut each of them out and adhered them to some balsa wood. It cuts like butter and gives the shape support. I got the thinnest you can get at Michaels. Then I just added some magnets to the back. So easy.

That's it for today.
Thank you so much for stopping by.

Stamps: Half Baked Gingerbread Joy (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: Kraft (Prism), The Paper Loft
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Pine Needles, Aged Mahogany (Ranger Distress), Cranberry (Adirondack Dye Ink)
Accessories: Labels 6 (Spellbinders), Balsa Wood, Natural Burlap String, Magnests, Glossy Accents, White Gel Pen (Souffle), Button (PTI)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the gingerbread guys are so cute!! I collect them as well and I just love these! Thanks for sharing.

ChristineCreations said...

Your paper crafted oranament looks so cute with the other gingerbread ornament Tosh! What a sweet and creative design.

Unknown said...

LOL!! these are tooo cute!!! I love what you did with the guys!!! absolutely tickled!! Thank you for the shout out!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh now these are too cute! Love your ornament and magnets!!

StampOwl said...

It's the 20th which means it's your birthday .... yahhhhhhh ... Happy Happy birthday my friend!!!!!!!!!!! Now you have me telling myself I don't need gingerbread stamps ... but these are so cute! Great projects today!

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE! I love every one of them!

Happy B'Day (again)!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh this is darling.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I can imagine writing the name of each boy on the gingerbread cookie magnets and using them to pin notes to the refrigerator or a "to-do" list or something. It would make it so much fun! I LOVE your idea and appreciate the tips about sealing and mounting them. Thanks!

Gabriela said...

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I wish I were
As young as You!
Boo-Hoo, Boo-Hoo,

Your ornament is just lovely and those little gingerbread men just ran away with my heart! {Hugs}

Anonymous said...

Tosh, these are just the cutest!!
--Hugs Becca

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanne (jojot) said...

just by looking at these 'guys', I can tell that you had fun making them.....the ornament is adorable and so clever...and the magnets so indivudually cute

Jerri Kay said...

Totally adorable Tosh, I love gingerbread men!

Lena Katrine said...

WOW! These looks so cool! What a great idea! And they look so sweet, that I just want to taste them ;)

Have a great day! Hugs, Lena

PS! A new challenge blog is born - Sketchy Colors

Julia Aston said...

Love your cute ornaments and the wonderful gingerbread men! I can just smell them!

Rose Ann said...

Your gingerbread ornament is so darling...and I love all of the others as well!! Too cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs