Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Penny Black Week at Stamper's Dream


It's Penny Black week at Stamper's Dream, and Michelle has a fabulous supply of charming Penny Black images. This whole week, the DT will be sharing projects made with some of the images. I made a card with this cute and chubby snowman called Sweet Snowman (PB). I stamped him with Versamark onto watercolor paper, and embossed him with Detail Black ep. I then colored him with my Tombow markers. I added some Polar White Flower Soft to the stocking cap and snow underneath him, and ink distressed the edges with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink). The Martha Stewart Border punched top has Ultrafine Glitter added to it with a Quickie Glue pen, and the adorable little snowballs along the top are called Glitter Domes (Mark Richards). I got them at a fabulous little Scrapbook store in Oakhurst, California called The Cat's Meow. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I went with my dear friend Pat, so the time just flew by. And the cat's there give you the warmest welcome. As did Melissa. She has a fabulous blog HERE.

I got the ribbon from a charming Scrapbook store in Missoula, MT called Memory Lane, and the buttons are PTI. Finally, I used some Ivory Burlap String to tie the buttons to the ribbon.

That sums up my card for today. Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has to show you. Here's the schedule:

Monday - Denise , Amy , and Michelle

Tuesday - Becca , Michelle, and Me

Wednesday - Laurie , Denise , and Michelle

Thursday - Laurie , Silke , and Michelle

Friday - Amy , and Michelle and Me

Stamps: Sweet Snowman
Paper: Wild Asparagus (MME), Birchtone Medium (Prismatics), Neenah Solar White
Ink: Versamark, Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Tombows, Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Buttons (PTI), Glitter Domes (Mark Richards), Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Burlap String (May Arts), Polar White (Flower Soft), Ribbon (Miscellaneous), Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that is just about the cutest thing EVER! Love the colors, the ribbon treatment, and those awesome little glitter domes. Such great attention to detail is classic Tosh! Love it!

StampOwl said...

Love that punch and the snow along the top of the punch.

Denise Marzec said...

So bright and fun and WONDERFULLY colored!!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is ADORABLE! I love your layered icles with those yummy, glittery,..... whatever they are?! I also love the completely non-traditional colors you chose for a wintery snowman card. It's a beaut!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh - Tosh - this is toooooo cute and gorgeous!!! Love how you colored this sweet snowman!!! The punched border with the glitter domes are the BOMB!!! Hugs ~S~

Rose Ann said...

Your snowman is so adorable, Tosh!! I love how you've added your Flower Soft, and your icicles are so pretty and sparkly too!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So fun Tosh, your snowman is so sweet.

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!! That is one GQ snowman!!! Beautifully colored and detailed!!! LOVE it!!! Awesome work, Tosh!!!

Melissa said...

First Tosh, let me say that I love your chubby little snowman and all of the detail in your card. Second, thanks for mentioning Sharon's store and my little ol' blog. It was great meeting you and we would love to have you guys come anytime. (I'm always there on Mondays, so come on a Monday) LOL

America said...

So super FUN, adorable, lovely coloring, fab detailing. Love this!

Gabriela said...

Just precious! First off, you selected an adorable image to color and second, I love the way the ribbon and buttons flawlessly coordinate with the snowman's cap and scarf. The white burlap string is to die for!

Susan (rainy) said...

This couldn't be any cuter!! LOVE all the wonderful details.. the flower soft, the sparkle and those fun glitter domes. Fabulous coloring, too! Love it!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! I'd give it a 10....PERFECT!

dpkennedy said...

What a super cute image! Love the wonderful sparkly touches on your card! Those glitter domes are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl!! You are so clever with those punches!! You sure did this stamp justice - your card is totally adorable. But then who would expect anything different from you ;-)
--Hugs Becca

Jackie said...

Wow, that is fabulous! I had to look closely to be sure the snowman wasn't cut out and popped up. Your coloring is stunning and I love the icicles at the top. Now I need THAT punch, too!

Amy Sheffer said...

Is this little snowman adorable or what?!!! Your coloring is exceptional! Love that icicle border with the glitter domes. So eye-catching!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love all the detail to it!

Melissa Sauls said...

OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! The coloring is incredible and your attention detail on everything is always impeccable. I just wish I had half the talent you carry in one little finger!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE, Tosh! I just LOVE the colors you used and that icicle border is PERFECT!

Carolyn King said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...this is adorable. Your details are always just amazing. LOVE the itty bitty snowballs!

Jerri Kay said...

So adorable Tosh, I just love it! The MS border punch is perfect! Love the snow!

nise said...

Darling! I thought I had all the snowpeople I could ever need, but maybe I was wrong. LOVE the little snow balls and the flower soft touches, not to mention the glitter and your coloring.

Donna Marie said...

Wow... Just beautiful. Love this card - makes me want to go out and buy the stamp!
Donna

Ida said...

What a cute and charming card. Love the icicles and the snowball domes.

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG....I have this one too....and I just love what you did with it...you can get warmth out of a rock, girl....fantastic card

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, this is adorable, Tosh...your coloring is sooo beautiful, as always, and I love the row of little snowballs...just precious!!!

deb mills said...

this is a perfect card, tosh! especially love the snowballs and icicles. awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs