Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Masculine Christmas Card

I wanted to make a Christmas card that wasn't all fancy shmancy so it could go to a guy. Many of you probably have Uncles, brothers, cousins, or guy friends that would appreciate no frou-frous on their card, I'm sure. So I chose to use this gorgeous tree from the Verve set O Christmas Tree. I Rock 'n Rolled it with Espresso and Pesto Adirondack Ink, and added a bit (just a little) of bling with some tiny rhinestones (Zva Creative). The sentiment is from the Verve set Blessed Christmas. All the edges were ink distressed with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress). If you click on the picture, the tree shows much better. For some reason it *glows* more here. Don't know why.

Hope you're having a nice weekend!
Happy Stamping my friends!




Stamps: O Christmas Tree and Blessed Christmas
Paper: Tawny Medium, Sage Medium, Suede Brown Dark (Prismatics), Neenah Natural White, My Mind's Eye
Ink: Pesto and Espresso (Adirondack Dye), Tea Dye and Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Labels 4 and Standard Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Mini Multicolored Rhinestones (Zva Creative), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Button, Ribbon (PTI), Brown Burlap Twine (May Arts), Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Transparent Glitter, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

20 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Tosh

Amy Sheffer said...

Love the masculine look here! Awesome job!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card Tosh! Great neutral colours, texture and masculine!

Robin McK said...

This is lovely! Great masculine card!

Robin

Gail said...

how warm and gorgeous!

Michelle Woerner said...

wow!

auntie lisa said...

Very nice. It is so hard to make a masculine Christmas card- but you nailed it!
Lisa

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I think this is the perfect masculine card. Those are always so tough...why must men be so difficult:) I love how this "glows." I wish I could capture that in a card...it's exactly how Christmas makes me feel. You are truly amazing. To be able to capture a feeling and put it on a card... I am SO in awe of you.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Toshipooh...I totally agree with Nikki's comment above....you do bring a soft, warm feeling to your cards....it is truly a gift

Danni said...

Very nice! It has such a "warm" feeling, just awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty Tosh!!

SAMARA said...

Super uber WOW!! I am in love with your sponging colors...

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love the warm shading and gorgeous look of this card!

Conniecrafter said...

like the different colors in the tree, neat papers!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautifully done, Tosh! Masculine AND elegant!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Tosh!! I just love how you warmed it up with your ink tones! The tree is gorgeous with just a little bling!! Great card for a guy or girl!!
~Chris

Olga said...

Very pretty card. The design and colors are perfect for any occasion masculine card.

Rose Ann said...

This is such a gorgeous card, and has a wonderful masculine feel to it! It appears to glow on my end as well!! Beautiful!!

dpkennedy said...

This is just perfect and simple for a guy! I love that plaid paper!

Anonymous said...

Tosh, awesome masculine card!! They give me the most trouble but you certainly are an inspiration here!
--Hugs Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs