Friday, November 6, 2009

A Gerbera Birthday Wish

Ever have one of those cards where you keep looking at it and it feels like something is missing? And then.....you finally figure out what it is that it needs, stamp it, and by doing that one little thing, ruin everything? Yep, I knew you'd understand. That's exactly what I did with this card. *sniff*...I was following Splitcoaststampers sketch from Wednesday (SC253), but thought I needed to add a small sentiment on the bottom. Now, when working with clear stamps, sometimes I can be a little bit heavy handed and make the image appear too thick. So I practiced a few times on scratch paper, stamping out the sentiment. When I thought I had just the right pressure, I braved adding it to my already assembled card. *GROAN* Too heavy. Doesn't it just figure!! Guess it just shows that it's handmade and not perfect, eh? *grin*


So on to the deets...I watercolored the smallest Gerbera Daisies image (Flourishes) with my Tombows. The yummy paper is from the new My Mind's Eye line called Life's Stories!! I framed the image with Ovals and Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), and added the ends of Fancy Tags (Spellbinders) in order to comply with the sketch. The bg strip is one of the new Martha Stewart Border Punches, and the sentiment is from Rubber Soul's clear set "Tiny Wise Words". Last, but not least, I added a couple of pearls (Kaisercraft) to my hinges.

That sums this card up. Sorry about the boo-boo. Didn't know how to cover that one up, and I didn't want to start over.

Hope you're having a happy stamping day!!




Stamps:
Gerbera Daisies (Flourishes), Tiny Wise Words (Rubber Soul)
Paper: Life's Stories (MME), Kraft, Neenah Natural White, Watercolor
Ink: Versamark, Frayed Burlap
Accessories: Oval, Scalloped Oval, Labels 8, Fancy Tags (Spellbinders), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Pearls (Kaisercraft)

23 comments:

Norine said...

just beautiful as always love the touch of red
Hugs
Norine

Rose Ann said...

Your daisies looks absolutely gorgeous, Tosh...and I love how you've popped a couple for great dimension!! Such pretty colors too!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I am so glad to know that even someone as wonderful as you makes mistakes. This happens to me ALL the time. It is still a gorgeous card. I love the "hinges." What a great idea. I really need to get these dies. Also, your cards from yesterday were so beautiful! I am going to try and case them...someday. No Mojo here though. I am also happy to be called "Nuts" by you. I did take it as a compliment:) You have to tell me where in Mich you lived. Most of my family is still there and spread all around. Now I like you even more than before:)

Jerri Kay said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tosh! Love your DP, so perfect for the image! A beautiful design!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh I love your accents.

Unknown said...

Well I think it's perfect! The new MME paper is gorgeous, and your coloring, design and accents are awesome!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Tosh

Elaine A said...

Boo-Boo? What boo-boo? I don't know what you're talking about Tosh! All I see is a beautiful card made by a very talented artist.

Elaine Allen

Michelle Woerner said...

This is amazing Tosh and I feel your pain about the sentiment. ***sigh*** I keep scraps of white just for this very thing. Has to be perfect, kwim? Well, this is soooo super amazing the recepient will NEVER notice the heavy ink at the end. Trust me! Hugs,

Jackie Pedro said...

I have been in the same situation MANY times!!! Your card is gorgeous, Tosh!!!

Danni said...

I think we've all been there with the sentiment but your card is just gorgeous!!

Amy Sheffer said...

I think it's gorgeous, "flaw" and all!

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, perfect or slightly imperfect (I can totally relate!)...its still beautiful...I really love the tones of colors you've used Tosh!

Shawne said...

Love the layering and the coloring on your daisies, I always have trouble with word stamps no matter what kind, I didn't notice your booboo.

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, yeah, the imperfect sentiment on the already finished card....been there, done that too. Regardless, it's a BEAUTIFUL card! LOVE the muted tones and then the pop of bold color on the flowers. :)

Joan Ervin said...

No worries with this beauty, Tosh....it's soooo gorgeous in every way...didn't even notice the *heavy handedness*!!! I gave this set to my DD and I sure do need to go borrow it....your coloring is soooo lovely and such awesome colors!!!

Jill said...

I just found your blog from the link here:
http://dominodebi.typepad.com/sos/2009/11/inspiration-reward-blog-morsel-opportunity-3.html

Number 6.

Love your style and your cards-- they are just beautiful. I will definitely be adding your blog to my favorites!!

SAMARA said...

Doesn't that just drive you insane!!! Grrrr. Puff. Rant. And then breathe. Acceptance! Gosh stamping can be so transformational ey...best therapist around! lol (although I'm not really kidding!!!) Great Daisies, gorgeous earth colors, yummy delicious, love the tabs on the sides of the card, and... "terribly human" Tosh...hee hee xox

Conniecrafter said...

Been there done that, but it is still so pretty, love that new edge punch and the way you used the tag is so creative and cool!

Joanne (jojot) said...

with all the beauty of this card staring at the recipient they will be so blinded by the beauty and never even notice the sentiment....and besides, you could say you meant to do this to show your enthusiasm for their b'day...it is gorgeous

dpkennedy said...

Oh yeah! I am NOT the only one! I hate when that happens! Use a strip of the same bg paper and stamp the sentiment on that then pop it up over the original. That's what I do anyway, shhhh!

It's gorgeous anyway, as always!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how did I miss this one. I love the smokey dark colors of the card. I love what you did with the tag - I did something like that on a card I posted today. BTW, I didn't see a boo-boo!
--Hugs Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs