Thursday, November 19, 2009

Winter Pelican

The ocean is one of my favorite places to visit. And California definitely has different beaches than the East Coast. We have pelicans here, but they never have to worry about snow. LOL I fell in love with this Winter Pelican (Impression Obsession) image when I saw it. I thought the pelican, standing on the posts in his sweet little hat and scarf, was just charming!! He's stamped with Versamark onto watercolor paper, embossed with Detail Black ep, and colored with Tombows. I also stamped the image onto Paper Loft dp with Versamark, and embossed it with Craft White (SU!). I then layered the pelican on top of the dp. The plaid dp is Little Yellow Bicycle, the charm says "By the Sea", and I got it at Michaels. The Ribbon is May Arts and the Buttons, PTI.

I used the Monday Mojo sketch found HERE for my inspiration.

If you click on the photo, you can see the charm better, as well as the sparkles on his sweet little hat.

Thanks for visiting!! Hope you're having a wonderful week!!
Happy Stamping!




Supplies:
Stamps: Winter Pelican (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Twilight Medium and Dark (Prismatics), Paper Loft, Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Versamark, Brushed Corduroy
Accessories: Labels 8 Nestabilites, Tombows, Ribbon (May Arts), Charm, Buttons (PTI), Embroidery thread, Glitter

12 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Tosh

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this Tosh!!!

Gabriela said...

What a delightful pelican card, Tosh. I adore the many details especially the falling snow. It stole my heart!

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is so charming!
Love the colours and the layering! The image is cute too!

Thanks again for your sweet comment, my friend!
Hugs, Lena

Anne said...

A gorgeous card with beautiful colours and a nice image. Love all the details. =)

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

Denise Marzec said...

He is charming!...and your coloring/shading looks AWESOME!

Linda Carson said...

Such a delightful & fun card! It's refreshing to see something unique for the holidays!!

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Carolyn King said...

Happy Birthday Tosh!!!! HOpe you have a great day.

LOVE your beautiful pelican card too. Girl---I'd be overjoyed to have an ounce of your talent..........

CraftyFoody said...

Love this image and the beautiful card you made with it.

Happy Birthday,

Wendy

Ida said...

Wow a Holiday card with a Pelican, very unique and also very cool. Gorgeous details on this card.

dpkennedy said...

Such a pretty and fun card! Love the colors you used and your wonderful layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs